Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Advice before application child DLA

Options
Sashastar
Sashastar Community member Posts: 18 Listener
Hello, I would like to know if I can get DLA for my 8 year old son. This is what his needs and issues are. Please someone advice if I should proceed or not. Thanks:

Joint pain, foot pain hurts when walking eating vit d and multi vitamin.

Exczema  really bad in legs and unable to walk when I flamed. Between arms, elbows always bleeding and need lukewarm water after school and masjid to stop getting it inflamed, sometimes works.

Asthma
Winter time needs inhaler due to getting out of breathe and chest hurts

Has problem walking when eczema is inflamed and joint pains in the ankles and wrists which makes it difficult to tie shoe laces, button shirts and even put on his shirt. Even on good days he has difficulties in doing basic things such as putting his shoes on and he says his ankles hurt. This is also important to have heating on all the time.

Bedtime: in the middle of the night he will wake up and say he feels itchy, cries as he is bleeding and in pain as he has been itching and can't bend his knees or stretch as it starts hurting the joints and the wound. During bed time he will hold a remote and switch lights on off and say it feels.good he keeps doing this till he sleeps. Putting on calamine lotion to sooth his excema and he can go to sleep, then wakes up again and put cream on again.

He is unaware of dangers, has to have repeated instructions to understand what needs to be done. He will keep asking what he needs to do, he keeps forgetting and started fiddling around and then asks what was he was supposed to do. Unexpectedly he started wondering about  can't sit still and keeps getting up and starts fidgeting, like clicking his fingers, patting foot on floor, when asked to stop ge will for a minute then started doing again, he says it's hard for him to sit still. Sometimes he will wet the bed if he don't go toilet as he says he didn't know he needed the toilet and he wakes up wet and says he was unaware or didn't know he needed the toilet, so I keep putting big pads on the bed for him.
He is really fussy with his eating, he hates touching texture of thick food or food like sweetcorn he hates it in his mouth and he will scream and have a rant due to this.

He doesn't concentrate and always loses interest quickly, when speaking he won't do eye contact. And gets carried away by wandering of or start making sounds finger or tapping the table/sofa.

I have to dress him for school, bedtime as he cannot do this without complaining and ranting of pain being caused or he has to change due to bleeding on excema and joint pain.

For excema doctors gave prescribed creams, I have bought calamine lotion over counter.

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.