Pip video assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip video assessment

Options
desai786
desai786 Scope Member Posts: 28 Listener
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey guys
just updating re telephone video assessment of today, the assessor wasn’t kind, she just did her job. She kept asking me trick questions to trip me up.
not sure if she believed me or not
She kept asking how my two daughters get supported, because I now have health problems, I told her dad and other siblings help plus extended family members (not sure if you kind of believed me or not)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,704 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not trick questions to try to trip you up, it's part of the assessment to try to gather more evidence to support your claim.
    Once the report is returned to DWP a decision can take 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • desai786
    Options
    Thanks poppy 
    I get it, however it felt very drawn out, cos she asked what symptoms I suffer from due to diabetes….
    I put down symptoms on form such as blurred vision amongst other symptoms but forgot to mention when speaking with assessor
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds really difficult for you @desai786. What, if anything, might make this feel more manageable for you at the moment?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • desai786
    Options
    Thanks poppy
    wish me luck to succeed given I have many problems high blood pressure, under active thyroid, acid reflux, diabetes high cholesterol 
    lypoma’s in both legs running all way down, depression, migraines, breathing difficulties etc
    she wasn’t supportive but I guess she was just doing her assessment.
    not sure if she believes what pains I suffer from but we will see when I get outcome.
    All above cause me lots of discomfort

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing you luck @desai786. It sounds like you have quite a lot going on for you at the moment, bless you. 

I can hear how this could have been exacerbated by her not being supportive, even though you guess she was just doing her assessment.

Please feel free to let us know the outcome and if you need any support. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.