Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

How can Civil Service Pensions treat staff so badly

Options
Chemist243
Chemist243 Scope Member Posts: 34 Connected
edited November 2022 in Work and employment
I am totally stressed from the day I had yesterday. I completed all paperwork asked of me to get my pension into payment at the end of November. I did this in mid October and even had a letter telling me they had all the info they needed. On 17/11 out of the blue came an e-mail telling me I had not completed an options form. I had done this before with the forms they sent me.
My stress levels were so great but staff there did not care. It seems they are not there to support just to cause stress.
I can do without this
Tagged:

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Chemist243

How are you feeling today? I'm so sorry you are so stressed with this situation. 

Just so I can try to help, I'd just like to ask, did you send all the information through the post? When you say "the staff don't seem to care" did you ring them? or are you still corresponding through email?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I work for the unCivil Service but have a partnership pension rather than a Classic or Alpha (or whatever it`s called now).  Civil Service Pensions are notorious for bad service, but there`s no point being distressed by them.
    Twist it round and consider that resubmitting that form as causing them more work ;)
  • Chemist243
    Options
    I sent the information through e-mail/ portal and civil service pensions confirmed they had all they needed. 2 weeks before first payment due they then wanted another form.
    My pension is mainly Nuvos with the one in Alpha ( about 2 years worth) being their new invention
  • Chemist243
    Options
    I resubmitted the form but goodness knows what delay this will add 
  • Chemist243
    Options
    They are not very helpful when called and cannot see that delays cause anxiety. Their timings are unacceptable.

• Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Hello @Chemist243

I'm so sorry that they did that. Hopefully the resubmission will work but can understand it is definitely not what you needed at the moment. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes quicker for you this time 🤞

How are you feeling today? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chemist243
    Options
    Feeling bit better; thanks for your support. I simply loathe how civil service pensions treat people. To them I am an irritating number, not a person with bills to pay.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    We're always here! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better :)
    Hannah - She / Her

• Chemist243
    Options
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Feeling bit better; thanks for your support. I simply loathe how civil service pensions treat people. To them I am an irritating number, not a person with bills to pay.
    Hi,
    You have to remember that you aren`t the only person on their books; in March this year there were 510,080 Civil Servants.  They are probably snowed under and most likely don`t like answering the phone because of aggressive people giving them grief (I`m not implying that you are aggressive on the phone to them).
    I`m not defending them, but at the end of the day they are human too.
  • Chemist243
    Options
    The staff ought to have known info was missing(?) well beforehand. They had told me they had all they required and 3.5 weeks later asked for a further form. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hear your frustrations @Chemist243. Not least as they had already told you they had all they required and then you found out they didn't  :(
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.