What’s on your mind today? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s on your mind today?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
What is on your mind today, what concern do you have or issue that needs dealing with today? 

My issue today is I’ve ordered new pickups for my bass guitar but I think they’re coming by post so I’m concerned about when I’ll receive them...I’m doing up an old guitar you see and can’t wait to try out the new ones. Trivial I suppose but quite a big thing in my little life.

How about you? What are you thinking?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, your post has reminded me of my Dad, he used to love playing the guitar and singing!
    I hope your receive your order safely and soon. 

My concern is what I heard from the NHS Continuing Healthcare Team yesterday. I had been waiting since January to hear the results of my Appeal and they've rejected me again. 
    I can't walk at all, yet they said that my mobility was not a priority!
    I'm going to continue fighting because I know that I'm in the right. Of course I could do without the hassle but I've told them that I'll go to the Health Minister if I have to...

Have a pleasant weekend. 
  • leeCal
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world with your battle @Oxonlady, I hope you win.

in the meantime my pickups arrived and I’ve fitted them and they make a subtle difference to my old guitar , so I’m pleased with that anyway. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,157 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At the moment it's what to do today, as my plans have  changed, I mean I could get stuck into the house work I guess. 
    Hope you manage to get your case amended @Oxonlady
    Happy playing @leeCal
  • leeCal
    Options
    Well it’s a bit gloomy out and housework might keep you warm for a while I expect @Sandy_123 🙂

― Dalai Lama XIV

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello all! How is everyone doing today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • leeCal
    Options
    Hi @L_Volunteer! I’m fine apart from a bit of a cold 🥶 we have a cold house too unfortunately and we haven’t had the heating on because it’s just too expensive. Perhaps we’ll have it on when it really gets ccold in December. Definitely Christmas Day. 

Meanwhile im wearing lots of warm clothes.

how are you?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @leecal I've had mine on just for an hour to take chill off
  • leeCal
    Options
    I had mine on for an hour the other day and it cost about £2 , frightens me @Sandy_123.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Yeah I know but you can't freeze I find sleeping bags are good to keep warm in, temp by me is 6 tomorrow if that, going to be a cold one. 
  • leeCal
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Yes @Teddybear12, I will get it but I don’t want to spend it too soon, we don’t really know how cold it will get in December to February or March. Hopefully it will be mild with just a few cold days. Good point though 🙂

― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,781 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Two things today sm had another nasty fall yesterday seems she has bruised ribs, not good and it's 2 weeks tomorrow till my first cataract op.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Oh goodness @woodbine hope the ribs heal fast and good luck with your op
  • leeCal
    Options
    Commiserations @woodbine, take care

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry about sm @woodbine bet that's painful 

Good luck with your op and hope your pleased with the result 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really sorry to hear about SM @woodbine that can be very painful, bless her.
    Good luck with the opp x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.