Advice On Disability Person Moving Out Her Home? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice On Disability Person Moving Out Her Home?

Options
XxDarkMarioxX
XxDarkMarioxX Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, my Little sister suffers from disability-induced selective mutism, which means she is unable to communicate with others and is extremely shy. Her residence, where she became stressed and upset with a family member, she asked my brother to come pick her up as soon as possible and wants to move into her father's house; she is 23 years old. She has problems where she stays in bed, messes up her room, and is not very active. According to a family member, she wants her back and will do anything to get her back, including reporting us to the police and council. We spoke with my disabled sister, and she is not ready to return. My big sister  keep messaging her, pleading with her to return and not giving her time to think. We keep telling my big sister that things need to calm down, relax, and wait until she is ready to speak, but she keeps making things worse. I want some advice. Can my big sister force my little sister to move back even if she does not want to? because big sister already come to my house and started taking photos off her in bed and mess in her new room that was not really mess threating she will do anything to get her home and she will call police her socal worker and our council. Big sister not really understanding her feelings and trying to push her to move back. Also little sister has got pip and big sister is her appointee and big sister now threating to cancel her pip money and she has to go to asscement again

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your eldest sister can't force your other sister to move out of where she is currently living. She also can't just ring PIP to have her claim stopped because it doesn't work like that. You need to make sure she's giving your sister her PIP money too because if she isn't then you can report her for not acting in the best interests of your sister. https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/removing-an-appointee/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • XxDarkMarioxX
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • XxDarkMarioxX
    Options
    Thank you poppy for the advice but my eldest sister is claiming she can not look after herself correctly and she needs looking after. Me and brothers working on that and she started going to shops on her own and such. But fact is there she saying she will do anything to get her back. She acting like she her child and trying to gulit her to come home by mentioning that her nephew is upset and such.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.