Sleep paralysis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sleep paralysis

Options
DeeLee91
DeeLee91 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, first time ever posting on one of these and im hoping it helps me. I've been suffering from sleep paralysis since I was a child, it started when I was 4 when my grandad died and just progressed from there. It used to happen to me mid sleep like when I was in my deepest sleep, I'd fall asleep normally around 10 or 11pm (I'm older at this point and remember it) and suddenly I'd find I can't move, or open my eyes or call out. I would try to move and to call, but it was no use. Anyway this went on for years until I thought I was free of it about a year ago. Boy was I wrong, when I was pregnant with my second baby it came back with a vengeance. But this time it's worse it starts before I'm even asleep im fully awake and it sucks me in like it drags me under into a sleep im not ready for im not tired or anything and thej my ears pop, it feels like I'm being dragged under water and then that I'm going over a speed bump (you know when your belly flips) and usually I can snap back really quickly but sometimes I'm not fast enough. My partner will then hear my breathing pick up and try to wake me. He says it takes about 20 mins to snap me out of it. Has anyone else ever had this, and have you ever been able to stop it? If so I'd be really greatful if you could share it with me, I have a 2 year old toddler and a 3mth old baby so sleep is hard to come by and if im too scared to go to sleep then I'm screwed haha. Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @DeeLee91 welcome to our great group, sorry i know nothing of your condition, but it does sound scary, have you spoken to the Doctors about it ?
    Hopefully when the group wake up you will be greeted by some of the other members and you might meet someone else who has the same condition.
    I know you are a busy Mom but when you have time have a look around the site, you may be able to link up with other members - good luck with all, and any problems please just ask.
  • DOPPER
    DOPPER Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Well I have been experiencing such a problem for a long time but I finally got a cure I know what problem you are facing and am ready to help anyone experiencing this problem.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.