Hi, my name is cakeandglitter! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cakeandglitter!

cakeandglitter
cakeandglitter Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi to all! 
I found this forum whilst looking for ideas/advice to help my youngest child around mealtimes (undergoing ASD assessment), but have ended up reading lots of posts and completely diverting off track!

Comments

• Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 6,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cakeandglitter

I love the username! Welcome to the community :)

How old is your youngest? I hope the assessment process is going ok?

I have family and friends, with children with autism and they have had difficulty with mealtimes too. 

With one of my friends, there are three things that they do that helps. Sitting at the table / having a designated area for mealtimes, giving them choice by offering two different meal options and the last one for her child was putting it on a "schedule" to tick off. Her child would constantly get up from the table and want to play with toys, watch the TV and not eat anything that wasn't a yoghurt tube :D But they love being able to tick off all their "tasks" on the list. We all cheer when they go and tick one off which they love. 

Just to let you know, I've popped your post in our Autism and Neurodiversity section of the forum, in the hopes more people have ideas or advice.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.