What can I do to improve my chance o a boyfriend and did had some bad experience some guys — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What can I do to improve my chance o a boyfriend and did had some bad experience some guys

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
I have more than one boyfriend. I had 9 ex-boyfriends. some of them were no good but some were bad. some did cheat. did has some girls has friends just to use my trust to get guys temp to cheated while in college. college relationships are not worth it.  also, I had one flaw of can be jealous only when I sometimes get into relationship with a person. I am single at the time. and am 24-year-old women with a learning disabity.did get a lot attention from boys through high school and through college.  I am now graduate from college, hasn't been lucky with guys in real life since some of them I met already are in relationship or has met one ex-boyfriend.  has be trying online dating apps. seen some red flags and do I also have any red flags row make sure. to be very careful. just has be very hard with starting with new people and that has been happing lots. ghosting has few times.  I know some guys will used me . I am just looking for a serious long-term relationship. without playing games. not many people go out in real life anymore .

Comments

• Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Splatmate24, I’m sorry to hear that you have experienced being cheated on and that some of the boyfriends you had were not truthful about other relationships.

I am aware from your other posts that you have had some success with online dating and meeting somebody, if I’m remembering correctly? How is the online dating going currently? 

I read that you are looking for a serious long term relationship. I’m just wondering, apart from online dating have you thought of any other ways you could meet new people?

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think you need to relax a bit and take a step back you will meet someone when you least expect it 

Don't push yourself so hard you are young and should be enjoying your life and you can do that without having a boyfriend 

Not many boys your age are ready for long term relationships and you
     say you are not interested in older men 

Have a break off the dating sites for a while then try again 
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @Leo_Aces there was a bit success through online dating. some guys already saw some red flags and some guys ghosted.  I been texting new guy at the moment that went to a college, that did have Units for learning disability . part from youth club I be to one youth club from Northwich. did met new guys but they guys already has girlfriends and met my ex-boyfriend there also.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @janer1967 I already been on another breaks.   I am not interested in very older men that are my grandad age.  i also not interested in very tells guys. real life dating  also just very much sucks too .  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds positive that there was a bit of success @Splatmate24. Though, I can hear that it unfortunately has not been a complete success for you. 

I am really glad to hear you know what you are and aren't looking for though. Hopefully, that will provide you with more success.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you want to talk about this further or if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer. is was bit  success. I know what i am looking for but issue is seem to be the older guys are more interest in me then some younger guys might not be interest in having a relationship . I kept on seeing red flags each time i text men for long time . real life dating hasn't be successful at all kept meeting guys that has girlfriend that also instants turn off .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that it was a bit of success and you know what you are looking for @Splatmate24

However, I can hear that an issue you are experiencing is that older guys are more interested in you than some younger guys. 

It is really positive to hear you are identifying the red flags - it shows that you are alert to what's not right for you. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you, even if that's just providing you with a listening ear  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer I just don't want to keep seeing red flags each time I been texting guys and so far, guys finally showing red flags. rushing is one red flag. cheating is one of biggest red flags and seen some small red flags and one big red flag about one guy saying the word nice guy but doesn't mean is one of fake nice guys that is wanting something in retune and said no before and he said that after.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I hear you @Splatmate24. You deserve to see fewer red flags too  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.