Hi, my name is Muchomor! Which traction devices you did used to stretch your lower back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Muchomor! Which traction devices you did used to stretch your lower back?

Options
Muchomor
Muchomor Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just got read this article (https://www.lumbarest.com/spinal-decompression-devices/) and I would like to collect more opinion. Which traction devices you did used to stretch your lower back? How was your experience?

Comments

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Muchomor said:
    Just got read this article (https://www.lumbarest.com/spinal-decompression-devices/) and I would like to collect more opinion. Which traction devices you did used to stretch your lower back? How was your experience?
    Hi,
    When I was diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis (1997), part of my physio was using a stretch machine.  I used it only once - I was worse after than I was before.
    In a recent appointment with the surgery physiotherapist, he said they`ve since been banned.  The one I was subjected to (yes, subjected) was like the old torture gadget where they strapped you down and turned you into a 7 footer from a 5 footer (slight exaggeration ;)).
    I`ve just looked at your link; I would be inclined to discuss the items therein with a medical professional.  Having said that, I think there is an ex-physiotherapist on here who may be able to help.

• Muchomor
    Muchomor Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I fully support your opinion. The only problem is the conflict of interest of the doctor or physiotherapist you are referring to. Do you think he will give up his income in favor of devices that can help you at home? I'm sorry, but I don't think so
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    Muchomor said:
    I fully support your opinion. The only problem is the conflict of interest of the doctor or physiotherapist you are referring to. Do you think he will give up his income in favor of devices that can help you at home? I'm sorry, but I don't think so
    I`m sorry, but your reply doesn`t make sense to me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.