Could you help with Scope's research? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could you help with Scope's research?

Options
Alex_Alumni
Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger

Scope’s research panel allows disabled people to use their expertise and lived experience to help Scope in achieving equality for disabled people.

About the panel

The insight we gain from our panellists allows us to create and improve Scope services and campaigns. Some projects also run in partnership with other organisations, which means that panellists improve services and products outside of Scope too.

Projects you can take part in range from surveys, to focus groups, to testing content (for example, advice pages). You can choose what to take part in, and a lot of our sessions can take place online. Most of the time, panellists will receive ‘panel points’ to thank them for their time and effort. You can find out more about this on the panel website.

If you are interested in the research panel, you can find out more on the panel website page ‘how the panel works’ or you can email any questions to researchpanel@scope.org.uk.

We’re always looking for new panellists to come and share their knowledge and experiences with us. At the moment, we are particularly interested in hearing from:

• Younger disabled people (ages 18-35)
  • Disabled parents
  • People living in the North West of England

However, lots of people are welcome to join the panel. You only need to be age 16+ and:

• Be disabled or have an impairment, condition or access need
  • Or be a parent of a child that is disabled or has an impairment, condition, or access need

How to join

If you want to sign up straight away, you can! Go to the panel website main page, and register for an account. Once you have registered for an account, and completed the registration survey, you are a panellist. We will contact you with any projects we think might interest you (if you opt in to hear from us), and you’ll be able to check the research portal for new projects too.

Please feel free to share our contact information, or the panel website, with anyone you know who might be interested too.

Thank you,

Anne and Caleb

Scope’s Research Panel team

Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @Alex_Scope. I am already a part of Scope's research panel!

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask please feel free to. We are all here for and listening to each other  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    @L_Volunteer  
    I am a member of the research panel too and just fit the ‘younger people’ criteria for a few months more 😂 but always happy to help SCOPE wherever I can 🙂
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yay! You do a wonderful job at supporting Scope every week @Puja :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Puja
    Options
    @L_Volunteer thank you its my pleasure and hopefully will soon be joining the volunteers too ☺️ to keep me busy over the holidays 😁 

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    edited December 2022
    Options
    It would be amazing if you join the volunteers @Puja! What other things do you enjoy doing to keep busy over the holidays?  :)

• Puja
    Options
    It would be amazing if you join the volunteers @Puja! What other things do you enjoy doing to keep busy over the holidays?  :)
    Christmas movies, chatting to friends, volunteering by phone or virtually and just looking after myself and trying to pace 😂 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • Puja
    Options
    @L_Volunteer how long have you volunteered fir? What do you enjoy about it? 
    I see you on here a lot, how many hours do you spend a day/week? 
    Also any tips for me please?
    sorry its a lot of questions answer them in the order and the ones you feel comfortable too or message me if you prefer.
    Thank you 😊 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    That sounds wonderful @Puja. Do you have any particular favourite Christmas movies? 

In terms of the community, I have been volunteering since September 2021 so a year and 3 months - it has gone so fast. 

Beyond the community, I have been volunteering since 2016 (6 years!). The thing I enjoy the most about volunteering is making a positive difference for other people. 

On Scope's forum, I spend 5 hours each week. Though, you can volunteer between 1-5 hours a week on here. 

I have, more recently, been spending more time on here because I have noticed an increase in the amazing people who are, unfortunately, going through a difficult time. 

I would say find out what lights you up - what you enjoy doing, what you are passionate about, and where your strengths are. 

From there, you can find causes and volunteering opportunities that match up with those things that mean the most to you. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you would like me to expand on anything or have any further questions. I am more than happy to talk to you about volunteering  :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.