If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, I'm Debi09! Had a PIP assessment + worried about a question asked.

Options
Debi09
Debi09 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
edited December 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, Im new here & had Pip phone assessment on Monday 1hr 54minutes The lady seemed nice but wanted to make sure i have support from family it worried me as i do but wondered if she was asking because i am a carer to my severely disabled child, i have no problem caring for her i suffer with panic agoraphobia i cant go out, i stated many times my 26yr old daughter lives with me also, Due to her asking this my anxiety is through the roof is it a normal question, Thank you in advance for any help to calm my nerves & stop me over thinking 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Debi09 Hello there and a warm welcome to our online community, I'm really glad you found us.

It can be difficult to stop ruminating about questions asked in PIP assessments so good on you for reaching out. Although we couldn't know the intent of her question with 100% certainty, I'd hazard a guess it was to check you have a robust support network around you to help you manage with carer stress and/or to deepen their understanding of the support you need living with panic attacks and agoraphobia in relation to the PIP activities. Either way, please try not to worry; at this stage it's out of our control so the best thing is to distract yourself (easier said than done, I know!) whilst the decision letter arrives.

My tips: make a cup of tea, open some biscuits and get stuck into a new telly series!

No seriously, I know it's difficult but if you find yourself nattering please do talk to us some more. Just to let you know I've tweaked the title of your thread and moved it to our PIP, DLA and AA category to help others easier see it and reply.

Take care and good luck.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Debi09
    Options
    @Cher_Scope Thank you, i shall strip wallpaper & decorate just to keep my mind busy 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Debi09. It is the very least you deserve.

I hope stripping wallpaper and decorating help to keep your mind busy. Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any support in the meantime.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Debi09
    Options
    As if my anxiety wasn't already through the roof my assessment has been sent for Audit 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Debi09 said:
    As if my anxiety wasn't already through the roof my assessment has been sent for Audit 
    I'm sorry to hear that @deb09 I hope everything gets sorted and do keep us updated also we would like to welcome you to this supportive community.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @debi09 :) Thanks for the update! It's worth remembering that an audit is to check that the professionals are doing what they should, rather than anything to do with you, if that makes sense. 

How's the decorating been going?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• Debi09
    Options
    Well i hung wallpaper & a little lady grabbed hold of it & ripped it off, if i dont laugh i shall cry. Thank god b&q deliver paint it's coming tomorrow, Yeah does make sense totally just doesn't help my anxiety id prefer to know pip had it & wait for a decision than pip not have it if that even makes sense 
  • Debi09
    Options
    A quick update Audit has been completed & assessment has been sent to DWP today, god i feel like i can calm down a little bit now HA who am i kidding 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Debi09 it's good to hear things are progressing at least :)

I hope your decorating goes more smoothly today!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.