Being kicked out — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Being kicked out

Options
Autism_at_40
Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
I've been living with my sister for almost a year.
I've been unable to work due to health issues and have been assessed as having limited capability for work.

I started off paying for almost everything and doing cooking and cleaning. But it became too much.

My sister has been completely unsympathetic to my needs as I'm Autistic and my not being able to do as much due to fatigue.

Ive felt so uncomfortable I've withdrawn so much I've ended up living in my room.

The other day, she locked me out of the flat.  The only reason she let me in was cos I threatened to call the police.

Shes given me a week to get my stuff and me out. Ive got 4 days left.

I have a number of problems now .
1. I'm living in a strange city where I know noone (I moved 4 hours away from where I was previously- which was very hard), it's too expensive and I want to move back home.  But the councils cant seem to help me as I dont have any family or work ties there.

2. My sister has said she wont give me my belongings she put in storage until I give her a sum she's going to come up with (citizens advice say she cant do that, but she'll flip and kick me out immediately if I mention it). I'd been saving the money so I could afford rent, bond, moving costs and furniture.

3. I dont have the energy to pack and carry all my stuff down a flight of stairs to a van parked on a busy road and then drive it 4 hours to new location (also got tennis elbow). Then come back and drive my car 4 hours.

4. I've contacted a load of different places trying to get help with housing, but I cant rent privately as I'm unemployed and dont have a guarantor. Social housing takes forever, with limited properties available.

I really need a support worker, but I wouldnt get one in time to help me with this move. 
I just dont know what to do.
Current plan I think is to move stuff into storage here and live in my car...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.