Hi, my name is ste_r! Is backpay only dated after 13 weeks? Will I get any enhanced premium? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ste_r! Is backpay only dated after 13 weeks? Will I get any enhanced premium?

Options
ste_r
ste_r Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all, just after a bit of advice as I see many people on here helping others
i have just had my esa assessment over the phone and basically told I would be in the support group, as she said she has enough evidence, doesn’t need to carry on, I will not need any future sicknotes

my question is regarding backpay, is it only dated after 13 weeks? I first claimed Esa in July, will be notified by letter in next couple of weeks.

I am on contribution Esa, my partner works 
also do you get any enhanced premium on this type of Esa?
I get enhanced mobility, and standard daily pip, was 2 pts short on the daily side.
any advice appreciated 
thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    The assessor should not have said anything to you because it's not their job to make that decision. The only person that can make the decision is a DWP decision maker. As the assessment is now completed the report will be written and returned to DWP.
    If you're placed into the Support Group you will receive extra money from the 14th week of your claim (£117.60/week)
    As you only claimed your ESA in July then it will be New style ESA and there's no disability premiums payable with this, including the Enhanced disability premium. This is because your ESA is a contributions based on claim.
    Decisions can take anywhere up to about 12 weeks, sometimes longer. You will receive the decision letter in the post. You will need to continue to send the fit notes until a decision is made.
    You can use a benefits calculator to check entitlement to Universal Credit. As you live with a partner you'll need to claim as a couple and your joint circumstances will be taken into consideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ste_r
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I also thought same regarding the assessors comments! As there was still more to discuss, I will have to wait and see now
    i do not think I am entitled to universal credit due to partner working
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ste_r said:
    i do not think I am entitled to universal credit due to partner working
    It will depend on how much your partner earns. Do use a benefits calculator to check. 
    If you are put in ESA group you would get LCWRA element of UC as well as the standard allowance.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • ste_r
    Options
    Thank you for the reply
    its all a minefield to me after working nearly 40 year’s 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can hear how it's all a minefield @ste_r. You are welcome for our replies though.

Our replies are the very least you deserve. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help make it feel less like a minefield  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.