Have you been doing any Christmas shopping yet? β€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you been doing any Christmas shopping yet?

Options
Puja
Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits.Β 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸŽ…πŸ»Β πŸ’·πŸ’ΈΒ πŸ―πŸ’» πŸ“±πŸ›’ πŸ›οΈ πŸ“¦Β 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Have you been doing any Christmas shopping yet? 12 votes

75% 9 votes
In store
25% 3 votes
Don’t do Christmas shopping
0% 0 votes
Handmade gifts
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Puja
    Options

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸŽ…πŸ»Β πŸ’·πŸ’ΈΒ πŸ―πŸ’» πŸ“±πŸ›’ πŸ›οΈ πŸ“¦Β 
    https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/support-a-good-cause/step-1/?char=147643&invite=qu9s3g&referral-campaign=s2s

https://www.giveasyoulive.com/refer/R9Uoawk1jX5KlOrAZID7xT-2Fku0mx

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits.Β 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for encouraging people to fundraise for Scope @PSp27pe2. It is people like you who make this community the supportive and friendly space it isΒ  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her.Β 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Personally, I have so far brought cards online! Must get cracking with the rest of my Christmas shopping.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your response to this question? I am intrigued and looking forward to seeing all your responsesΒ  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her.Β 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Done all mine.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Wow, well done @poppy123456 :D

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    Done nearly all my present shopping.Β  Just one voucher to get for someone.

Need a few cards and wrapping paper.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    I have done all of mine, just need to wrap them.
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've wrapped everything. I'm just waiting for 3 deliveries but the delivery company are being extremely annoying and one of them was ordered on 26th November!! GRR
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Puja
    Options
    I have shopped online inc groceries or given money or gift cards
    I still need to wrap them and write cards though
    eek 😬 only 2 weeks til the big day! xx 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • Puja
    Options
    Do scope do their own Christmas cards we can buy online does anyone know please? I would look to get them next year πŸ™‚ x

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Mostly I do mine in store got a couple of things from Amazon. I have finished all mine yesterdayΒ 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All done, cards posted 2 weeks ago to beat the postal strikes, just the fresh food shop to do now...hate to brag πŸŽ„
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming πŸ’‘

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Done all mine mostly online all ready in gift bags to be exchanged next week and no food shop neededΒ 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @PSp27pe2 - you need to visit the main Scope website to see their online shop (see link at the bottom of this page). Their Christmas cards are here with 3 for 2 on offer at the moment: https://shop.scope.org.uk/collections/christmas-cards

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Finished buying gifts yesterday, just got to finish wrapping them now.
    The cards i needed to post i did send the start of December, the same reason as woodbine.
    I tend to buy my cards from the charity shops @PSp27pe2 when ever were out and about.Β 
    Just left with bits and pieces of food to get now, but we also do buy an item or two when we do our food shop each week, helps keep the cost down and no panic last min shop hopefully.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.