Is time to change the England manager? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is time to change the England manager?

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
I would appreciate to know from others is time to change the England men’s football manager Gareth Southgate or not?
 I would appreciate to get other’s options 
:) 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t think it’s time to change the manager, he did well and the rest was up to the team. I think he could’ve brought on Rashford and Grealish sooner but apart from that it really was a game of fine margins. The one thing we really lack is two quality strikers in my opinion. We seem to have several who can score under the right conditions but only one who is a game maker, ie Kane. We need at least one more like him I think.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What an interesting thread I anticipate this to be! Thanks for initiating it @Globster.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts on this question? I am intrigued  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t personally want to the Gareth Southgate go he has brought the nation Football team and get us euros football and last night getting us to quarter final stage of the football World Cup I feel we time given he can bring success to our national team :) 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @Globster. It sounds like you recognise Gareth Southgate's work and effort which is really positive  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,662 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes I think so he kept some of the best players on the bench till about the last 10 minutes of the game
  • life
    life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
    Options
    I think he has done a great job since he became England manager. I agree with @Sandy_123 on the subs thing, why wait until 80min to sub. Should have brought on rashford much earlier than the 85min. Still think he should continue as England manager at least he's getting to semifinals, finals. Yes it wasn't the best this WC only quarters but still best England manager in decades.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He should stay and concentrate the team on penalty training. The downfall always seems to be down to penalties.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    He should stay, mainly because he's done well and has created a young team with great promise for the future, as for late subs he had to think about 2 things the possibility of extra time and of course the possibility of penalties deciding the game, to lose 2-1 to the current world champions is no disgrace.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.