Join me in having a Christmas fuddle — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Join me in having a Christmas fuddle

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

It's 2 weeks until the big day.. and I'm feeling peckish for a mince pie and baileys* or two. Who wants to join me in having a virtual Christmas do?

Santa eating a mince pie

Paper plates are on the side, Cliff Richard is on the radio and I've got some party hats. Who's game?

*Other good brands are available.
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW Community member Posts: 355 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes I'll join.  Who can resist Baileys?  I've put iTunes on but can't find my Christmas Playlist, will have to make a new one.

I think I might start wrapping up presents today.

For the first time in the last 5 years I am not dreading Christmas.
    Two of my closest family members have actually been in touch with each other.

So today is a good day!  :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @ShirleyW Well that's lovely to hear and brilliant about your family reconnecting. Do you have much to wrap? I haven't made a start yet  :o 

<Puts Elton John - Step into Christmas on>

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    It's going to be me and @ShirleyW in a drunken heap on baileys at this rate  :D Anyone got any mince pies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkoYgN3N1KQ

• Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Yes please can we do it on zoom or teams or post photos here? 🙂
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @PSp27pe2 If you'd like to post photos here, that would be fine. As long as you are comfortable with what you are sharing  :) 

What's your favourite Christmas party food and do you have any songs you love listening to?

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love sausage rolls I'm having Baileys right now. We should do a zoom get together for the members with @Giovanni_Scope.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    I love anything vegan 🌱 but do like meat free sausage rolls or mushroom pate, and love christmas artisan nut based cheeses
    and 🎵 the old mariah classic 😉 or last Christmas 🎄 
    I also love that film of the same name too 🙂 very good on bbc iplayer currently 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,710 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of movies but I do love the Christmas songs 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    For me, Christmas really starts when I watch The Snowman. Then get upset when he melts (whyyyyy!!  :s

@durhamjaide2001 oh good idea! And yum, you can't go wrong with sausage rolls. I've yet to try a meat free one @PSp27pe2 - I do keep meaning to try.

Did someone say Wham..

Scene where George Michael gets out of a car in the Last Christmas music video

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.