If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Flow temp for water and rads

Options
Amazonianup
Amazonianup Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hey all

I moved in my place about a year ago. I don't think I have had my heating on properly? I came in as rough sleeper and was used to cold not that it makes it more comfortable. I realised my rad's had never got hot and a YouTube video came up. I put my flow rates for both water and rads separately to 50c? I have 15c set on stat and I can walk around without a top on? Is this right?  Online boiler company recommends 50c minimum?! Mine was way below this set by a social worker but I'm not sure he knew what he was doing.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My water is set at 57 degrees in winter, in summer i turn it down. My radiators are set to 68 degrees which is economy on my boiler. I also have thermostats on some of my rads. My main thermostat is set to 20 degrees most of the time but my room is usually lower than this when the heating isn't on. When i got up this morning it was 16 degrees in my living room.
    If your thermostat is set to a low temperate and your room stays at that temperature then your heating won't come on. However, if you can walk around without a top on and your room is 15 degrees then i would say you don't feel the cold and there's nothing to be concerned about. You will need to turn your radiator temperature and thermostat up a little higher and turn the heating on for the radiators to get hot.
    You do need to be careful of frozen pipes if you don't put your heating on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amazonianup
    Options
    My flow temp was circa 30s for rads and water. I feel heat at 15 because rads are actually getting hot now. I don't think my heat was coming on properly. I don't think was radiating heat properly by time it hit the rad. At 15c with flow temp at 50c I definitely feel more comfortable. I felt cold for over a year now but I rarely used rads the flow temp increase was very noticeable like room got warm in bedroom . I only use rads now because I'm in credit. It's not like the stat let's it get above 15. The stats in hall with radiator opposite maybe this is why it partially operated with lower flow temp?. 
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m still trying to work out how to change the flow on mine lol.
    It’s the new Valiant EcoTec model, thankfully I have someone coming out on 16th to do it 
  • Amazonianup
    Options
    Luchia said:
    It’s the new Valiant EcoTec model, thankfully I have someone coming out on 16th to do it 
    I only look into it because I woke up at 3 am again. It's also to do with rad size. Bit too complicated for me but valiant website give a flow rate temp range for boilers if that helps with minimum of 50c. And see me heating work nows. Cold really makes mental health worse glad they look at yours for you.
  • Luchia
    Luchia Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    Luchia said:
    I only look into it because I woke up at 3 am again. It's also to do with rad size. Bit too complicated for me but valiant website give a flow rate temp range for boilers if that helps with minimum of 50c. And see me heating work nows. Cold really makes mental health worse glad they look at yours for you.
    I’ve no idea how to change it so got someone coming out on Friday to do it lol 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.