Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip appeal

Options
Willie65
Willie65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I have a pip appeal in since August 22 and awaiting a hearing date. At the stage when the Dwp responded I uploaded online to the Hmcts and Dwp a statement/report from my Gp/Doctor which was fully supportive of my claim with a list of my medical problems etc and the doctor actually wrote "I understand his claim for pip has been denied"I wonder if the Dwp were not convinced of the severity of his conditions "...
I have a couple of questions to ask of you and your knowledgeable friends.
Does this gp report get sent or seen by a decision maker at the Dwp? And /or a potential judge at the Hmcts?.
If the report is so much in my favour would/do the Dwp and Hmcts consult/liaise with each other to provide a satisfactory resolution early rather than cause me and thousands of others in similar situations extremes of anxiety and stress and also waste valuable resources and time/money waiting for a hearing date on what is obviously an already overburdened system??.

Any thoughts please most welcome .
Thanks. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All involved will see any documents you have sent.

A gp statement isn't always helpful unless it clearly describes how you are affected against the descriptors.  Gp don't see you daily trying to do the activities eg toileting,  eating dressing bathing etc 

Dwp will review your case prior to hearing and have been known to make an award b4 going to tribunal but this is rare.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    DWP do not liaise about your entitlement. The tribunal are independent of DWP. DWP can, as janer says, choose to review their decision before the tribunal.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.