UC £10 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC £10

Options
Middleton
Middleton Community member Posts: 136 Courageous
Does anyone know when this begins to get paid?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

It is paid anytime in Dec some people have had it but some haven't. Many other threads on here on same topic 
  • Middleton
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi 

It is paid anytime in Dec some people have had it but some haven't. Many other threads on here on same topic --    Quite migrainy today, so didnt want to trawl through all the threads on this occassion.. Cheers for reply.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Universal Credit claimants don't get a £10 Xmas bonus (unless they also get a benefit that does give rise to a bonus).
    https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     but like calcotti mentioned, you have to claim UC plus one of the other benefits listed, such as PIP.
    That's not quite correct. UC doesn't qualify anyone to the Christmas bonus. If they claim other benefits such as PIP/DLA/ESA etc etc then they will be entitled to it. You do not need to be claiming UC and/or any other benefits.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    hI @poppy123456 - I've just realised thats pretty much what you've said :D I think I've understood it wrong from what it's read.

Yes, you've misunderstood it. If someone is just claiming UC they will not be entitled to the bonus. PIP/State pension/Carers allowance/DLA etc etc all qualify you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mrevertonone
    Mrevertonone Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Sorry to jump on someones elses thread, i work full time, we get UC, partner gets PIP and LWCRA do we get the £10 ? as we havent received anything yet, i read somewhere if one of you you dont get it

Sean
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Sorry to jump on someones elses thread, i work full time, we get UC, partner gets PIP and LWCRA do we get the £10 ? as we havent received anything yet, i read somewhere if one of you you dont get it

Sean

Your partner is entitled to the £10 because they claim PIP. You're not entitled to it because of your UC claim because this doesn't entitle you to it. It can be paid anytime throughout this month. https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

• Mrevertonone
    Mrevertonone Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Thank you Poppy, very quick reply 
    I know im not entitled, was just wondering if my partner was because i work full time
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You working doesn't affect it. Your partner claims PIP which is why they are entitled to it.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's normally paid when you get the monthly payment. Dose this make sense? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I mean why even bother mention UC if it's nothing to do with getting the payment. 
    UC isn’t mentioned in the eligibility criteria. 
    That’s not correct either because the Xmas bonus has nothing to do with a UC claim. 
    If someone claims PIP then the £10 is likely to be paid as a separate payment. My daughter claims both PIP and UC and she received hers a couple of days ago as a separate payment. 
    If they claim other benefits such as ESA/JSA or carers allowance then it could be paid in with your usual payments. 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I mean why even bother mention UC if it's nothing to do with getting the payment. 
    UC isn’t mentioned in the eligibility criteria. 
    That’s not correct either because the Xmas bonus has nothing to do with a UC claim. 
    If someone claims PIP then the £10 is likely to be paid as a separate payment. My daughter claims both PIP and UC and she received hers a couple of days ago as a separate payment. 
    If they claim other benefits such as ESA/JSA or carers allowance then it could be paid in with your usual payments. 
    Oh sorry I'm on PIP I'm getting confused 
  • Middleton
    Options
    Mine is showing up as being paid tomorrow, but like calcotti mentioned, you have to claim UC plus one of the other benefits listed, such as PIP.
    Im on enchanced PIP for both, until 2028
  • Middleton
    Options
    ps For the record,i was informed the £10 bonus was paid via UC... this appears to be wrong info.
  • Middleton
    Options
    Received the £10 this morning.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I goy mine this morning as well.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear it's coming through for everyone :) Any ideas what you'll use it on?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • krisgas
    krisgas Scope Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Recieved my £10 pip Xmas bonus today,  
    Merry Xmas to all scope members 
  • krisgas
    krisgas Scope Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    I ment to say above that Universal credit claimants do not recieve the £10 bonus . 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    krisgas said:
    I ment to say above that Universal credit claimants do not recieve the £10 bonus . 

Only if they receive other benefits as well like PIP/DLA/Carers allowance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.