How much water do you drink a day? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much water do you drink a day?

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,701 Disability Gamechanger
I used to have less than 1 pint a day. Now I am having 2 and feeling better already. But want to increase to 4 pints (around 2 litres which is recommended).

What about you?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In summer I do drink a lot of cold bottled water (not fizzy) but not in winter when it's all tea or coffee.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmmm does coffee water count if so then loads
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    At least a 1000ml as I need to drink this to keep fluid levels due to crohns.

Plus I drink dioralyte that is mixed with water on a  average week 3x daily due to Crohns and side affects.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just plain water then no, i just find it very difficult to swollow, have no idea why. If tea counts then yes, during the morning i do but not so much in the afternoon, unless i'm with my elder daughter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Around 3-4 pints a day.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,571 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not quite sure u don't measure it 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Drink to much coffee  :D have a couple of cups of green tea a day, but your so right @66Mustang drinking more water is ment to be good for us, when i worked i always had a cup of warm boiled water with me all the time, puts me of drinking more because i'm always needing the toilet now ha ha - i will try harder  :D x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't drink water as such just in hot drinks I have about 5 hot drinks per day 

As a wheelchair bound woman it is an effort to go to toilet if I drink more I wee more . If I'm going out I won't have even a morning drink unless I know they have accessible toilet where I am going 
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 746 Pioneering
    Options
    For those asking, my Urologist says that Tea and Coffee don't REALLY count, as they tend to dehydrate, rather than rehydrate. The only sort of water that counts is, ermmm, water.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t drink any water, but a lot of tea, no ill side effects as far as I know. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I drink about 2 litre's a day  :D
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I love water, it's honestly my favourite drink!! If I fancy a change I go for room temperature water rather than cold from the fridge :D 
    I drink about 2.5 - 3 litres a day most days!! I've seen what happens when someone gets dehydrated and it's not nice at all
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Interesting answers everyone.

I think my problem was I was not drinking much at all, even if we are allowed to count other drinks with water in them. When I have a coffee it's usually a strong small coffee like an espresso.

@janer1967 I am not a wheelchair user but I can empathise as I also share the issue with going to the toilet, I never drink anything more than an espresso if I know I am going out as I can't use public toilets.

@Biblioklept sounds healthy, I wonder if there is a point where you can drink too much water? My brother drinks loads of water, maybe 4-6 litres a day, but he is into fitness and he does a physical job.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Not enough 🙈
    i used to have a bottle with markings on and a flip top from asda (other stores may have similar too!) may see if i can order a replacement thanks for reminding me 🙂
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Interesting answers everyone.

I think my problem was I was not drinking much at all, even if we are allowed to count other drinks with water in them. When I have a coffee it's usually a strong small coffee like an espresso.

@janer1967 I am not a wheelchair user but I can empathise as I also share the issue with going to the toilet, I never drink anything more than an espresso if I know I am going out as I can't use public toilets.

@Biblioklept sounds healthy, I wonder if there is a point where you can drink too much water? My brother drinks loads of water, maybe 4-6 litres a day, but he is into fitness and he does a physical job.
    Everyone has different needs
    but exercising and physical jobs probably requires more tbh but you can drink too much but he would probably not feel well if so and it’s unlikely from what you have said.

I think dehydration is more common tbh but all liquids count tea, coffee, squash, fizzy, soups, veg, fruit anything that contains water hydrates your body so if you are having those you will probably be ok but 1-2 litres of water if you can is a good amount to drink daily i think 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I drink about 2 litres a day.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.