Hi, my name is Danny39! In emergency on my gas and electric and don't know what to do — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Danny39! In emergency on my gas and electric and don't know what to do

Danny39
Danny39 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2022 in Cost of living
I am disabled and on benefits and worried as don't get benefits till 14th January and I'm in emergency on my gas and electric and don't know what to do 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,168 Disability Gamechanger
    You can contact your energy supplier and you might be able to get some top up from them. You can have a look at their website to see what information they have regarding this.
    You can also speak to your Local Authority who may have extra funding to help with situations like this. Also a food bank maybe able to give you a voucher. See link for all the details.
    As it's a month until your next benefits, is it Universal Credit you're claiming? Have you recently been paid your monthly amount or is this a new claim?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,599 Scope online community team
    Hello @Danny39. I'm very sorry to read the position you're in. If you're able to give our Helpline a call they may have some more advice for you. 0808 800 3333
    They are open:
    Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm 
    Saturday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Scope Member Posts: 9,748 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Danny39. I'm very sorry to read the position you're in. If you're able to give our Helpline a call they may have some more advice for you. 0808 800 3333
    They are open:
    Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm 
    Saturday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
    Thanks for this information I just found another member needing this support. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.