Esa phased return to work and holiday pay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa phased return to work and holiday pay

Options
njo79
njo79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I’m wondering if anyone may shed some light on my situation please? I have been placed in the support group for contributions based esa, I have been off work now since having had cancer in 2020. 
I started back to work on a phased return in November but am on reduced hours and light duties working 11 hours a week. I know that won’t affect my esa, however my employer wants to pay me my accrued holiday pay from 2021 & 2022 and I’m wondering how this will affect my esa? I am obviously going to declare that money as I don’t want to get into a pickle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thankyou in advance jo x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,575 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you're back in work then any holiday pay will affect your ESA and if it's more than £152/after deductions then you won't be entitled to ESA for that week.
    Are DWP aware that you're now back working? Please also be aware that you must make sure you work less than 16 hours per week and earn no more than £152/week after deductions. Anymore than this and you won't be entitled to ESA.
    I'm not sure what happens to your ESA if you have weeks where you earn more than £152/week, whether it stops completely and your claim ends, or whether you just won't receive any money for the weeks that are over this amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • njo79
    njo79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, Thankyou for your reply, yes dwp know I was starting back to work on reduced hours and light duties, it was them that told me that I was still entitled to esa because I wasn’t aware of that. My wages will be less than £152 a week, it was the holiday pay I was concerned about.. I have a permitted work form which I have filled in and enclosed a copy of my payslip also explaining the situation with being paid my accrued holiday pay. Guess il find out in a few days what the outcome is? Thank you again for your information x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @njo79. It is the very least you deserve. Have you heard about the outcome yet? Hopefully, you will hear about the outcome soon. 

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any support in the meantime. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.