If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

DLA help needed

Options
jamie2471
jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
edited December 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello just wondering I  requested  for my all DLA claim information from the gov site from 2006 will it still be stored and will they send me it? Or will it be deleted from there system by now? 

Comments

  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    Hello @jamie2471. What a great question you have asked.

    When you requested your DLA claim information, did they action it? You can do another data request, under the GDPR, if you wish  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

    Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jamie2471
    jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
    Options
    Hello @jamie2471. What a great question you have asked.

    When you requested your DLA claim information, did they action it? You can do another data request, under the GDPR, if you wish  :)
    Hello yes they did say the information will be sent out by post  but not sure if they still hold the dla information from 2006 ? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This webpage has quite a bit of information about how DWP manage your information - but unfortunately doesn’t say how long they hold it for.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/personal-information-charter#how-long-dwp-keeps-your-data

    This document indicates information is deleted 14 months after DWP have an interest in it.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-information-management-policies/dwp-managing-customer-records-guide#section-records
    I’m not clear whether, because you still have a live claim, DWP still have an active interest in the whole claim history and would therefore will retain it.

    When you get a response perhaps you would let us know how far back the information goes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jamie2471
    jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    This webpage has quite a bit of information about how DWP manage your information - but unfortunately doesn’t say how long they hold it for.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/personal-information-charter#how-long-dwp-keeps-your-data

    This document indicates information is deleted 14 months after DWP have an interest in it.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-information-management-policies/dwp-managing-customer-records-guide#section-records
    I’m not clear whether, because you still have a live claim, DWP still have an active interest in the whole claim history and would therefore will retain it.

    When you get a response perhaps you would let us know how far back the information goes.
    Yes i currently receive pip from this year  but will let you know if I get my DLa information 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    Out of curiosity why do you want your DLA information? Would understand if you don’t wish to answer.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jamie2471
    jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Out of curiosity why do you want your DLA information? Would understand if you don’t wish to answer.
    Oh it’s because I went to special school and they might have my documents from there not sure if they will have them because idk if school will still give me proof
  • jamie2471
    jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Out of curiosity why do you want your DLA information? Would understand if you don’t wish to answer.
    And from 2006 I didn’t know if I can claim after that because no one was there to help me so just recently applied for pip first time and got awarded so I’m jus wondering did they use my previous claim also to make decision 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    jamie2471 said: I’m jus wondering did they use my previous claim also to make decision 
    It’s unlikely in my opinion. In any case the only thing you need to think about now is whether or not you think the PIP award is appropriate and, if not, whether you wish to challenge it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jamie2471
    jamie2471 Community member Posts: 102 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    jamie2471 said: I’m jus wondering did they use my previous claim also to make decision 
    It’s unlikely in my opinion. In any case the only thing you need to think about now is whether or not you think the PIP award is appropriate and, if not, whether you wish to challenge it.
    The pip award is enhanced on both and I’m happy  but I would like proof of special school I went to but don’t know if I can get that just to show my doctors so they know about it too tried emailing the school but no response 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Championing
    Options
    jamie2471 said:
    I’m jus wondering did they use my previous claim also to make decision 
    When I got moved over to PIP I also ticked the box on the form to use my previous DLA information, 3 weeks later I got a letter saying this information has been deleted from the system so I think after a short time they will delete information.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,272 Championing
    Options
    If you're no longer in education i don't understand why that proof is needed. I have no idea how long they keep everything for but there has to be a cut off point so you may not be able to get what you're hoping for.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.