If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is emsmith21! Gap in my sick notes. How does this work?

Options
emsmith21
emsmith21 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited December 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’ve recently been awarded limited capibilty for work and work related activity I’ve had loads of sick notes which is why I was referred in the first place but then had a gap of none then been getting them again since 17th October how does this work 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition, supported by a fit note within 7 days of this. Any gaps in your fit notes can affect the the extra money is paid from.
    How long was the gaps?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emsmith21
    Options
    July august September I didn’t have a fit note but got back again from October but completed health questionnaire in June 
  • emsmith21
    Options
    I have fit notes from October till 13th jan next year it’s just so confusing 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The gap of 3 months could affect when it's paid from. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.
    Before the gap what date exactly did you send the first fit note and what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emsmith21
    Options
    20th June and I get paid 6th and 20th of each month 
  • emsmith21
    Options
    I received the letter on my journal this morning that I’ve been placed into the LCWRA group I was due a telephone assement 11th October but that got re arranged for 7th December 
  • emsmith21
    Options
    I think if these won’t be taken into consideration my fit notes have been non stop now from 17th October so when would the 4th assement period be 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.