Poem time again. Make a Resolution. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poem time again. Make a Resolution.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
  Because its Christmas and almost time for that "Resolution" I thought of this.

A RESOLUTION.

Have you made a resolution yet,

I don’t know if I want to bet

Cos’ if its anything like mine

Once 12 has gone, I’m on borrowed time.

I’ve tried to think of things to change

To make next year not quite the same.

Am I really all that loud

Or can I chill and blend into the crowd.

Do I want to give up fags

Or just cut down, it’s really sad

The price has gone up every year

And by the way that includes a beer.

But then again, it’s Christmas time

And as the dinner is getting cooked

I’m down the pub, a **** and beer,

a game of darts, with my son

Now I know I’ve had enough

Because I don’t smoke or drink, I’ve given up

It’s time to dish out Christmas dinner

With crackers and those Christmas hats

Well now that dinner is complete

Some Christmas pud, and Brandy cream

Not to, much for the kids,

they’ll be seeing stars before 3.00 o’clock

I’ve had a think about this year

And decided why do people, wait one whole year

If things need to be changed,

just look at what’s to be gained

A merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Just be yourself, you may not be here, this time next year

Learn to help, without being asked, and look around at Christmas past

This is me, do I need to change, or just be there even as a friend.

Onebigvoice.

19/12/2022. 

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,384 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @onebigvoice This a definitely a great  poem of your personal experience @onebigvoice thank for sharing your beautiful poem with us on the scope online community@onebigovice :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you so much for reading, most of my poems come from " Been there, done that, still wearing the Tee-shirt...
      If one person has a chuckle then that's good enough for me.
      I know some times I may come over a "bit strong" with some posts but that is because I have been to long as a Shop steward, and Safety Officer where there are no grey areas, or if there is anything that is open to interpretation then I have to research and find out WHY.  
      My way of thinking is "would I like that done to me" if its no then don't do it.
      This is different to having to make decisions that are tough, but, in order to go forward some one has to start the ball rolling.  If a topic like strike action or wages are being discussed, the need to strike for me is not a means to an end, to me it just says that the Employer does not value its work force.  Who makes all the profits for say energy or the NHS, its not the CEO's although they are the first along side the investors to take a chunk of the profits.
      Are we really reinvesting in the NHS?  Not really since the profits made were supposed to be reinvested in the NHS and used to support and "nurture" areas of study and help that do not get the funding allocated back to them because the results of the "investment" are not instant?  Every thing is all about quick turnover.  Mental Health is now being recognised as another "drain" on resources of the NHS.
      Not from our point of view, as more and more suffer from what the government has decided where funding should go.  The lack of support to give claimants the chance to get back and fix them selves with support is on the back burner and it comes down to having a person vetting you to see if they can send you the forms to claim PIP's first?
      Where is the Medical Qualifications of this person that can say your not entitled to PIP's when a Doctor says you have mental or physical problems.
      Yes I understand that many problems affect people differently, hence the need for an assessment, and I am all for the assessment process to gain " access to benefits" but when a case is won, why is the claimant still having to fill more forms to get help or be placed on a waiting list to get help  before things are done?
      The investment should never have been taken from the Medical Boards and given to MP's or where ever it has gone, since the Medical Boards are also governed by the Hyperathletic Oath and by what the NHS was set up for in 1954. to give "free access to medical care at source"  
      Even Mental Health seems to be splitting into "pigeon hole" diagnosis, where ADHD, and other behavioural disorders are being split, Neutral gender "birth" people?  The use of Black, coloured or Asian decent is becoming tricky, the politically correct brigade has gone mad.
      SORRY, see what happens in a simple post I am now on my soap box again.
    I understand if you want to vet this post and again thanks for reading, maybe another post another time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.