I have started a Blog I would recommend people do their own blog, its great therapy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have started a Blog I would recommend people do their own blog, its great therapy

Options
happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
I am not sure if i am allowed to share a link to my blog so I will waiting until one of the moderators let me know. Me and my daughter started a travel blog together, and I find it great therapy.

I told one of my doctors about it and they said they told me a few years ago to start one. It really has changed my life and allows me to feel less redundant in life.

It has helped me in so many different ways from giving me more confidence, to helping with my memory.

I would suggest that other people start their own blog as it is a great way to improve your confidence and removes the boredom from the day.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I am under the impression that you are allowed to share a link to your blog @happyfella, as long as it doesn't contain advertising. 

It sounds really positive that you find it great therapy. I can hear how, in particular, it is something you are able to do with your daughter and makes you feel less redundant in life.

In addition to giving you more confidence, helping with your memory and removing boredom.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure your experience will be invaluable for others  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Sounds great @happyfella. Wishing you all the best with your blog. 
    It's something I would love to do but I don't have a clue how to start. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated! 

• happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options
    Oxonlady said:
    Sounds great @happyfella. Wishing you all the best with your blog. 
    It's something I would love to do but I don't have a clue how to start. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated! 

Hi, there are different ways you can do it. You can turn to instagram and do images and a bit of writing, or you can join timblr or you could buy a small hosting package for a few pounds a month and then either have a free theme uploaded for wordpress or buy a theme.

This is a good free way and how most people get started https://wordpress.com/create-blog/

My daughter did all the technical stuff, but she said it would be so easy for me to do it myself.

It really is great fun

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying it @happyfella, it would be fine to share a link here as L_volunteer has said :) 

It's amazing how much of a positive impact blogging can have, it's great that you've found something which works for you!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a travel blog. 

I have also started one ages ago but I couldn't keep up with it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is amazing that you have a travel blog @durhamjaide2001. How are you finding blogging this time around?

I hear that you also started a blog ages ago but couldn't keep up with it. I would be interested in hearing more if you would like to share more with us about blogging  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.