Looking to make new friends in the Southwest. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking to make new friends in the Southwest.

Options
Elliot93
Elliot93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello, I’m Elliot and I’m 23. I live in Devon and I’m currently studying oceanography and coastal processes at university. I have syringomyelia and oligodendroglioma of the spinal cord which was first diagnosed when I was 11. So far I’ve had five operations but can luckily still walk, although as a result of the ops some problems have been caused. I would describe myself as quite an active and outgoing person considering my condition. I’m just looking to make new friends in the Southwest with the same condition to me or similar conditions, as I’ve never met anyone with the same/similar conditions as me. My family and friends are great but would be nice to talk and hang out with people that have been through similar experiences in life as me.

Cheers

Elliot.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Elliot and welcome

I hope some of our other members wiil understand and respond.In the mean time it isgreat to have you here. Please let us know if we can help in anyway.

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elliot93 welcome to the community - this is a friendly place to chat with others so I hope you will get involved and enjoy it here.

Have you ever seen Meet Up? You can find social groups based on location and interest and might be worth you looking at.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Elliot93
    Elliot93 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I've never heard of it but shall check it out. Cheers!

Brightness