Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

katherine1981
katherine1981 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi iam Katherine I got put on DLA indefinite and then they said I had change to pip so I filled forms in and went to f2f assament when I got DLA the doctors has always told them iam never going to get better but the pip assessor the she could wave a magic wand and I got better I suffer from mental health I also take fits I have ocd and I can't communite with people I have just been put on more tablets because fits are getting worse even have them in my sleep and they have stopped everything I feel like just ending everything can't get no help off anybody just fed up with fighting all the time and they is people out there and they is nothing with them and they get every benefit going it makes me sick 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Katherine and a big warm welcome to our community

I am so sorry you are haveing such a hard time with this.
    It is so unfair when undeserving people manage to beat the system when we struggle to get the help we need.
    This is partly why PIP was made harder to get, to try and get rid of the people that are abusing the system.
    What stage are you at  just now ?
    Have you been turned down completely ?

Can you tell us a little moreabout your situation and we will try and point you in the right direction

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @katherine1981 welcome to the community.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

For support on your PIP assessment and appeal, you can speak to someone on our helpline on 0808 800 3333.  Have you appealed the decision?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness