Pip apointee — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip apointee

Options
Jennifer1Baker2
Jennifer1Baker2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Please help, my son has many physical health problems which are diagnosed but he also has emotional /behavioural problems which I've tried getting help for. He's attended CHAms a few times but finds it difficult to communicate or understand things and more things. I don't have much evidence of these things and how do I provide evidence to be his apointee and how can I take him to an assessment if he can't understand things or speak about his health problems because he will just say yes or no answers. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • pharcoll
    pharcoll Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I am appointee for my son you have to ask and explain to him in a way that you have learnt to communicate with him over a period of time to get his views this done in private once you have got his views you represent him and if he cannot attend the meetings you become him to put forward his views sometimes you have to sign and use your name as his representative and you become responsible as I have done recently when my son was granted a mobility car a after getting full enhanced mobility allowance which he loses to pay for the car  but as a parent you are probably used to taking responsibility for your son once the appointeeship has been explained to him and he has agreed to you becoming one I also had to have an interview by d w p who also agreed to me being an appointee for my son and gave me letter to say so hope this helps
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Please help, my son has many physical health problems which are diagnosed but he also has emotional /behavioural problems which I've tried getting help for. He's attended CHAms a few times but finds it difficult to communicate or understand things and more things. I don't have much evidence of these things and how do I provide evidence to be his apointee and how can I take him to an assessment if he can't understand things or speak about his health problems because he will just say yes or no answers. 
    HI,
    If your son is 16 year and over and you're claiming claiming DLA for him and you're changing over to PIP or you're thinking of starting a PIP claim off for him, all you need to do is ring DWP and tell them you want to become his appointee. I did this for my daughter when i started a PIP claim off for her about 1 month ago. DWP will arrange for someone to come to your house to talk to you and your son, no evidence of his conditions will be needed. You'll need evidence of both of you for your  I.D when the person comes. This person will ask a few questions on why you would like to become his appointee. She'll talk to your son, who HAS to agree to this. She'll fill out a form, you sign and that's it. You're then responsible for giving him his benefit money, making phones calls on his behalf, speaking for him at any furture assessments he has. All letters for your son will be addressed to you. If any over payments accur at any point in the future you'll be responsible for those too and not your son. You'll basically be taking over everything for him when it comes to his benefits. Hope this helps.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.