coping with anxiety with chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

coping with anxiety with chronic pain

Sparkle
Sparkle Community member Posts: 4 Listener
my own anxiety comes into my life such as'  I am living with lots of whole body pain. iv had a operation on my spine in dec 2016. I get real anxiety just going to see my dr. I have a dry mouth. I forget a few points. I should have raised with my d.r I'm onto it trying to cope ill get their chronic pain is every part of me. 'this used to stress me out a lot as I get tired . iv overcome the stress part . '

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    My life revolves around lists for everything. It's impossible to think straight through pain and fatigue.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Lists make it easier, especially in the first few years. Eventually I got to the point where I just let myself forget things because the list writing became obsessive. Everybody deals with it differently.

When you suffer a long-term or permanent physical problem mental health issues always creep in. In part it because of the things we cannot do but also from being bombarded by the healthy world of what we are supposed to do and can't.

Just find a balance between what you can do and what you need to get done. Rely on others if you need to but keep trying for yourself as well. It is your life to live not have it run by someone else ALL the time.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I would like to say a lot of good advice is given.  I always try to plan my visits to the doctor with writing down the problems and making clear.  As a anxiety problem I have I can start to rabbit and talk very quickly.  Is it possible to have someone to go with you.  I have recently asked my support worker to come with me over certain health issues I was experiencing including taking medication for pain and my mental health and physical needs.  They do not give you long these doctors.  Another answer is to ask for an advocate to represent you.  They are charitable organisations like RETHINK who might not be in your area.  Also note they are only available 9 to 5 as someone who had made a doctors appointment outside their hours.  Information might be available ask the staff at SCOPE on patient services or go on line.  Hope this helps
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness