Lost my badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lost my badge

Sorceress29
Sorceress29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in Transport and travel
Hello everyone,
I have never really discussed my disabilities but I am sole carer to my mother who has dementia and I feel the need to unload and hopefully get some help for myself.  I have Hashimotos disease, Spndylosis of the neck, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia and depression.  I recently was refused renewal of my invalid badge because I drove myself to the interview, I managed it because I was having a 'good' day, also because I managed to walk into the building and round the car park.  On a bad day I can barely walk round the house, I need a badge.  

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Sorceress and welcome

Have you made a claim for PIP ?
    If your mobility problems persist for the majority of time you may qualify for PIP and be able to get your Blue Badge that way.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sorceress29

Welcome to our website and online community.

I'm very very sorry to hear about your story with your blue badge.

I have attached this info for you please please let me know if I can help you further ???

https://www.gov.uk/blue-badge-scheme-information-council
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sorceress29 welcome to the community, are you thinking about appealing the decision?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited September 2017
    So annoying when you see a young family as we did in Tesco's disabled car park. Mum and dad with 2 kids in a new 4 wheeled drive parked next to us. They walked in ahead of me with no visible disabilities despite leaving a blue badge in the vehicle, came out at the same time and jumped back in the car. The Father leaned over into the back to hand out comics and ready made sandwiches. We left them sat there stuffing their faces. Why are there not more checks done in supermarket car parks? I know you will say some disabilities are hidden but one's that make you eligible for a blue badge are the more obvious ones.  
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    And plenty of drivers park in Tesco's disabled bays without even displaying a badge at all! Don't think I've ever seen a parking attendant in Tesco's car park.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @Matilda Yes you're right. I used to look for the badges when I first got mine but I've stopped as it got me so annoyed especially when I think what a horrible experience (PIP) I had to go through to get it. @Sorceress29 hope you can get your badge back..
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Only time I "saw" a parking attendant was when there were no BB spaces, no Parent and child spaces sp I had to park in the boondocks. As you all know parking bays are at best narrow and to be able to get out ( and more importantly back in) I had to park in a bay ,by a wall, but slightly over the line so I could open my door. Well, B****r me, when I got back I had a parking ticket slapped on me.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness