PIP - expected to travel to assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - expected to travel to assessment

2»

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • Lorraine42
    Lorraine42 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Just over a week ago and was wondering about letter from dwp to confirm winning my appeal...the lady (from the appeal 'panel') did say if haven't heard anything in 2 weeks to ring dwp to see what's going on which got me edgey 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lorraine42

I didn't hear from DWP for three weeks after my Appeal when received award letter.  Arrears paid next day and new payment rates began about 10 days later.
  • Lorraine42
    Lorraine42 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    It's been a long process from review form last October to the appeal last week,think I'm still in shock that won the appeal so I'm expecting dwp to appeal it lol that's the sort of thing dwp do
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The DWP are now in many cases asking the tribunal for a statement of reason (SOR). This is nothing to worry about. The only reason either you or the DWP can challenge the decision is on a point of law. The judges very rarely make mistakes so errors do not often happen.
    Usually the DWP will put a claim into payment 5-8 weeks following a tribunal decision. They do have a habit oh "mislaying " the decision letter which is why it is important to make sure they have received it.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Great news about your appeal @Lorraine42!

We hear from quite a few people who are waiting nervously for their payments to start and be backdated. These payments can take a little bit of time to calculate and process and as @CockneyRebel has said above, the DWP do appear to be routinely requesting Statements of Reasons after tribunal decisions. 

Do keep checking in with them though just to make sure everything is in order.

Thanks for keeping in touch with us all and letting us know how you got on. It really does help others to see some of the successes coming out of the tribunals.

Well done and best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.