Has anyone ever got ESA in the support group for more that 3 years? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone ever got ESA in the support group for more that 3 years?

carrie16
carrie16 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Has anyone ever got ESA in the support group for more that 3 years? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carrie16

Welcome to our online community I do hope that we can offer you both help/support ???

I have placed an attachment below with regards to Benefits 

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances

please please come back to me if you need any more help ????

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA is a non definate award. ESA can be reveiwed at any time from three months to three years for support group. However due to serious backlogs some reveiws are being defer often for two years or more.
    I hope that helps

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    I have been in the ESA support group since 2013 without any review of my claim. Most probably as Cockney Rebel says it's due to a backlog of cases they are working through. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Debbie_Scope do you have any information on this?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There are catching up with all those backlogs so be prepared. I recently had my review after no contact for almost 4 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @carrie16,

The maximum period of time between assessments should be 3 years. Yes there are backlogs in some areas so it can be the case that some people remain in the support group for longer.

There was a pause in reassessments back in 2014 for a while to deal with the backlog of new assessments but it soon started backing up again once they re-started in December 2015. To date we're hearing from people who've not had reviews for quite a while.

The latest ESA statistics can be found on the government website for anyone who shares an interest in this topic.

Thanks for everyone's input here, you're all so knowledgeable and helpful.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    I am still in the ESA support group, personally I do not think I will ever be reassessed as my benefit was wiped out by a private pension. All I get now is my stamp paid
  • stevevar
    stevevar Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    i got warded 3 years then it  got put 18 months i  wrotee to both my old mp and new mp still waiting for a reply since   i have moved from  London to  Essex baintree wethersfield area  were i cant get around you lol no lights or pavements or road signs
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I was awarded it in 2012. Not heard a thing since.
  • Babsl57
    Babsl57 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I was awarded in 2010. I had letters for the following 2 years saying my award was to continue, however the letters have stopped now too.
  • Helen71
    Helen71 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi me to . I have been in the support group for 3 years no review l  have also started to get universal credit on top
  • NanaS
    NanaS Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi yes I have been in support group for long time , they sent me for the 1 st time assement forms which I filled in, 13 weeks later got letter stating no assement still in support group . Hope that helps 
    merry Christmas

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.