DWP rang to ask me ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP rang to ask me ??

Options
positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
HI 
Was hoping someone can shed any light on this , 

Dwp rang me I didn't answer as it was a private number , they sent me a message saying to contact them asap about my ESA (I'm currently awaiting a decision on pip) 
I rang them and the lady said "we wanted to check who was living with you" I said someone was and she said "we were just checking because if you lived alone you might have been entitled to a premium" ,
I did get SDP with my ESA but when my pip stopped they took that away as you only had it if you were in recipet on PIP ,
do you think that I might have been accepted for PIP ? 
Any help gladly appreciated 
Thanks 

Comments

• Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @positivitygoing1,

What an interesting phone call you had from the DWP. I suppose it could indicate that a PIP decision has been made and the information has filtered through to ESA but not to yourself yet. It could just be a random check though.

Will you ring PIP to check with them? How long have you been waiting for a PIP decision and is it a mandatory reconsideration or the outcome of a PIP assessment?

Let us know if you get to the bottom of it.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • positivitygoing1
    Options
    My pip stopped October last year , I failed an assessment (I had the lying assessment officer most people have had the misfortune of having) , 
    The CM said it was mainly because I drive,
    I tried to take it to tribunal on my own by paper based decision and it failed when I asked for the reasons they said I was a heavy drinker cos it said in my medical notes (I don't ever drink alcohol I have an alcoholic mother so this upset me) ,

Then I asked if MIND would help and she did a new claim for PIP and I had a home assessment on the 14th August and a person from MIND was with me , 
    I rang up the beginning of the week to see what was happening and she said that a letter had been sent out but it wasn't a decision it was either one of two things 

A: we have all the information we need (she said it's unlikely this one because it's been a while) 

B: we need more information from the health care professional who did my assesment and she said it was most probally this one) 

• positivitygoing1
    Options
    Well I just rang them and she said "you are awaiting a decision are you" and I said yes , she said "it looks like they are near the end of there decision , but it won't let me in to see what's happening ,ring back on Monday or Tuesday they might have some info for you then" 

She didn't mention the letter the last person spoke about (and I haven't recieved a letter either the last person I spoke to said the letter was sent out on that day 4th september) 
    Oh well more waiting 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well I just rang them and she said "you are awaiting a decision are you" and I said yes , she said "it looks like they are near the end of there decision , but it won't let me in to see what's happening ,ring back on Monday or Tuesday they might have some info for you then" 

She didn't mention the letter the last person spoke about (and I haven't recieved a letter either the last person I spoke to said the letter was sent out on that day 4th september) 
    Oh well more waiting
    A decision may well have been made on Friday when you rang BUT they can't see what that is until 24 hours have passed. This is because they have to wait for it to go from one computer to another. Give them a ring tomorrow (Monday) you'll probably find a decision's been made.
    Sounds like it's gone in your favour this time because of the call from ESA about SDP. Bear in mind that SDP is only payable if no one over the age of 18 lives with you. This doesn't include anyone that you recieve Child Benefit for.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @positivitygoing1,

Hopefully something will arrive in the post this week. It's an anxious wait but hopefully it won't be much longer and all of the inaccuracies in the assessment report have been rectified.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
    Debbie
  • bic123
    bic123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    It never fails to upset me when I hear stories about pip, why hadn't organisations like this challenged it more. I know they lied about me, then I bought a scooter from someone in UK but not even in the same country let alone county who had the exact same lie in the exact same words, we both have ms that's the only connection.  I heard from someone I'll never name that they cut and paste. Good luck, I think your call was nothing to do with pip I've heard they're calling people randomly to check if circumstances have changed. I'm not on ESA or any work benefits.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.