I am disabled and I also have loads of other medical conditions including anxiety and chronic depres — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am disabled and I also have loads of other medical conditions including anxiety and chronic depres

scotsgirfrom1957
scotsgirfrom1957 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in Mental health and wellbeing
I am so stressed and anxious as I have a work related medical assessment tomorrow ! I am so scared to lose my benefit! I fought this 2 yrs ago and took it to appeal and won I am 60 yrs of age! And unable to work I have mobility issues as well and I am in receipt if DLA ! Can someone help me cope with all this stress and worry ! I am ill with worry! 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello scotsgirl and welcome

Everyone here has been in the same situation as you, so we fully understand where you are. All the time waiting and thinking about the assessment puts little doubts in your mind, then you read all the horror stories on the forums and the worry nearly becomes a panic that the assessor will not think you need the help you do need and your money will be stopped.
    We have all been there. BUT it is not as bad as you are thinking. Many assessors are sympathetic to genuine people.  Many will go out of their way to help you.

Are you taking anyone with you ? if not then there is an expert you can take, infact it is the worlds leading expert on your condition. So just be yourself, teach the assessor about you, about how you manage your dfficulties. No matter what evidence you have submitted, the best evidence is you. You are the worlds leading expert on you and nobody is better than you to explain your case

I wish you all the very best, please come back and let us know how it goes.
    please come and talk anytime you need

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ClydeBuilt
    ClydeBuilt Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Where are they doing the interrogation pal?
    Im in North Glasgow and just had the PIP/Salus and now DWP/ATOS fancy a kick at the ball as well.
    1st It is NOT personal, understand that they are only interested in the money not YOU. So go armed with a plan of do's-donts and stick to it, dont get sidetracked.
    2nd They DO try to trick you or trip you up so be aware.
    3rd ATOS Do have cameras around the building, dont know about SALUS though. And they watch how you approach the office/sit on a chair/ talk to receptionist from the start. So be aware and pay attention.

Bill
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @scotsgirfrom1957 how did you get on?

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness