ESA HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA HELP

Options
mandmfan
mandmfan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there everyone I've been claiming ESA since February 2017 as I've been diagnosed with bipolar and server anxiety I'm currently taking 2 diffrent lost off tablets and 1lot I have to take is once a day off an evening before bed and the other is an antipsychotic 2 tablets per day, I've been attending all my monthly appointments(acompained by my partner as support for me). I had an appointment on the 5th September 2017 only to be told by the advisor that I will be asked to attend another medical soon and they might say that I will have to go on JSA as everything is changing over to universal credit, I'm starting to worry, I went to see my g.p for a medication review and ect, I told him wot the job center advisor told me and he said that there is no way I'm able to go back to work as I'm too umpredictable with my emotions and I can have sudden out burst of anger and suicidal tendency. Please is there anyone that can help me and point me in the right direction on what I have to do please as this is making me very anxious and worry 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandmfan

A very big welcome to you to our website and online community.

I'm so sorry that things are very tough at the moment!!!!

You have come to the right place for help and support!!!

I will pass you over to our expert's with regards to Benefits.

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Sorry but can you please help with this one????

Many thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mandmfan welcome to the community and I am sorry to hear about your experiences.  It must be a really stressful time for you, but you are doing the right thing by speaking to your doctors.  If you are requested to change then this evidence would be beneficial to you.  I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor category.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi mandmfan,

I understand your concerns but until you have had a medical and received a decision there isn't really any advice we can give you. I know it is only natural to think of the worst that could happen but you may get a healthcare professional who understands your condition and decides that you should stay on ESA.
    It really is disappointing that this jobcentre adviser appears to have tried to scare you. I know they do this kind of thing because my clients have often told me similar things and there's no need for it. If your case is up for a review then fair enough but to try to worry you is out of order. However, there's just as much chance of you getting a positive decision and staying on ESA than having to claim JSA. Try and be positive and try not to worry for now. All the best,

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.