My PIP experience — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP experience

Options
Susanannr52
Susanannr52 Community member Posts: 25 Courageous
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Re P.I.P. 
I was accessed in March 2014, a home visit, as by this time I was having difficulty sitting for any period of time due to arthritis in most of my joints.
then 2yesrs later, I was asked to attend another assessment, I enquiries to what happened to my assessment from March 2014, to be told they had no record of any such assessment taken place.
it beggars belief, here's a country publicly declaring that money has to be saved from all regions of the DHSS, then this happens, to how many more has this happened to?? wasting precious resources!!!!
Fourtunatly I was able to get help from the Citizens Advice at Chelmsley wood in Solihull Birmingham, where I was helped to fill in the form (or should I say booklet) that gained me the satisfactory 'points' to get both areas of PIP paid and the backpay. It took a total of 13 weeks, all adding stress to my condition, I just hope and pray that Zakia from the Citizens Advice Solihull Bureau in Chelmsley Wood Birmingham (CAB) is able to help me fill in the relevant paperwork when I next receive my call to reapply for PIP. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Susanannr52

A very big welcome to you to our online community & website.

I'm so sorry to hear about your story to date !!!!!

You will find a lot of our members are in similar situations as you !!!!

At some point I will have to go through the "PIP" process !!!!

"Great"
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Susanannr52 welcome to the community, thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck.  Let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.