MR after more than a month? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR after more than a month?

sippocat
sippocat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I suffer from long term mental health problems and my PIP award was stopped in May after the face to face renewal assessor's report meant the decision maker awarded me with Zero points.....
I'm in desperate need of assistance to ask for a mandatory reconsideration but it's been more than a month, but my mental health has been severely affected by this decision.......

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Hello and welcome sippocat

It is entirely possible to enter a late MR request IF you can show good reason for it being late. so don't worry on that point.

Now you need to get advice and assistance from a trained advisor ie CAB, welfare rights or MIND.
    Please try and dothis as soon as possible.
    It may be a good idea to ring the Scope help line for further assistance.

0808 800 3333

Please come back if you need further halp

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Debbie_Scope any thoughts?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @sippocat,

Try not to worry. It's possible to ask for a late mandatory reconsideration and if you can show 'good cause' there's no reason why your appeal can't be considered.

If you can get a supporting letter from your GP about how your mental health was affected by the decision and how it prevented you from doing this sooner, this will help. Other ways in which you can provide evidence are supporting letters from any other health professionals or support workers, family members or friends. You may not need this evidence but it's a good idea to think ahead about what evidence you may have or would be able to obtain.

As @CockneyRebel has mentioned above try to get help from a welfare benefits adviser. If you can't find local advice, contact myself or @Gill_Scope at the helpline and we can talk you through it.

Please also see the 'How to win a PIP appeal' produced by Advicenow. This guide takes you through the whole process and even has a mandatory reconsideration letter generator. We also created some videos to help people challenge their PIP decisions. 

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.