PIP assessment result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment result

CarolineMarie
CarolineMarie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had the result of my PIP assessment today.  The assessor report that I made very minimal movements during the assessment but also apparently saw me use both my left and right arms to itch my head.  This now qualifies me to be able to cook, get myself dress and undressed something I have been unable to do for several years.

I am really upset how I have been treated by Atos.  I just read your posts.  They have made the same comments on my assessment which makes me thing they follow a standard format.  This has to be illegal, we are human with additional needs. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CarolineMarie

Welcome to our online community & website.

I'm so sorry for you with the bad news today about your "PIP"

Yes you will find lots of members in the same situation as you .

I have got some info with regards to "PIP"

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances

I will also pass your post onto one of our Benefits Advisors.

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please help me with this one ?????

• CarolineMarie
    Thank you.  I haven't been on this site before.  There is lots of information,  Just looking through everything now.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CarolineMarie

No Probs, sorry I forgot to say that there is lots & lots of info !!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you with this ????

Many thanks.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @CarolineMarie,

That's awful, so sorry to hear about how you've been treated.

Are you doing a mandatory reconsideration?

There's lots of great advice on here and this short video might be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    First thing you should do is ask DWP for a copy of the assessment report (PA4)
    This will tell you the areas that you have to challenge

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • CarolineMarie
    Thank you for the info.  I have asked for mandatory reconsideration.  I got my copy of PA4 after the deadline date.  What a shock.  The assessor has noted several things which are incorrect and a great deal of things I never said I could do.  My husband recorded the assessment but I did not tell Atos at the time, do you know if I could still use the recording as it will prove the assessor lied.  Caroline

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @CarolineMarie Tempting as it may be, no you can't use the recording to prove the assessor is not telling the truth on your PA4. If they find out you made a secret recording you are at risk of having the assessment cancelled and having to go through it all again. You can only use it at home to work out how the assessor twisted or changed what you said. It may help to put together your MR. 
               Maybe more people would like to check out the Data Protection Act that makes it illegal to collect incorrect data, store it and use it against the "Data Subject" who is you. I have a case that has been accepted by ICO who regulate the act. It's currently awaiting allocation to a case worker who will investigate the lies and hopefully force ATOS to change my report or make it not fit for purpose before my next review. Otherwise the information will be used against me again all because of an assessor who has no concept of right and wrong. The longer they get away with it the more people will be affected and denied the help they are entitled to.
  • Amy65
    Amy65 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    I to was treated the same at pip assessments more lies told etc and only got 9 points care said I could budget mix with others read to average standard I'm reg visually impaired attend eye clinic consultant awaiting eye op yet pip assessments said could read do own meds etc what a joke wasn't successful at mandatory decesion don't know if I'll appeal or not
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    It's worth appealing if you think your current award is safe as 65% of appeals succeed.  Initially, I was awarded standard both elements after assessment, MR no change, tribunal decided to award me enhanced both elements.  Tribunals are impartial and fair, not like the pathological liar assessors!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the info.  I have asked for mandatory reconsideration.  I got my copy of PA4 after the deadline date.  What a shock.  The assessor has noted several things which are incorrect and a great deal of things I never said I could do.  My husband recorded the assessment but I did not tell Atos at the time, do you know if I could still use the recording as it will prove the assessor lied.  Caroline

You'll need to put the MR request in writing if you haven't already done this. Wildlife is right, you can not use that secret recording as evidence. When planning to record any assessment you need permission to do this. Most MR decisions remain the same so be prepared to take it to Tribunal. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.