PIP Tribunal via video — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal via video

Options
teezee
teezee Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi everybody
I've got my PIP Tribunal hearing via video on Wednesday (8/3/23). I've no idea what to expect and I'm finding my anxiety levels are already crazily high.
Has anyone experiences a video Tribunal and, if so, can you let me know what it was like please? 🙏

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Mandimoo
    Mandimoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi I am looking for advice I am currently waiting for a tribunal appeal date to come through for my pip award I had it for three years but the have since taken it away even though my fibromyalgia is at its worst for a long time I have a bone anchored cochlear implant to hear have tinnitus in my 'good' ear and all I manage to do is work and sleep any help I reversing this decision would be appreciated as without it I can't afford my back hand wrist and knee supports
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mandimoo

A very very big welcome to you to our online community !!!!

I'm very very sorry to hear about your current predicament !!!!

Your not alone with this problem believe me !!!!

I will pass your post onto our "Benefit Advisors"

They will be able to help you with your current situation.

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please help me with this PIP post ???

Many thanks.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Mandimoo,

Welcome to the community, and sorry to hear that you've not been award PIP (yet!).

There's lots of great advice on the forum about tribunals that might help. You'll find most in the PIP/DLA category. Scope also has some great videos and info about the process on our website.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you entered your submission to the tribunal ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Mandimoo
    Options
    Yes have sent in appeal my wife noted each point to challenge and reasons for each this was about six weeks ago 
  • Mandimoo
    Options
    Hi I have sent appeal papers in stating on which grounds etc have received the dwp report so now just waiting on date but it's getting to me now on such a flare with fibro and tinnitus barely making it through the days at work and with the? Pip being taken away I have no money to buy replacement hand wrist knee and back supports so am in agony every day 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ring the tribunal and they should be able to give you approx waiting time in your area

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @teezee

How are you today? Just wanted to wish you luck for your PIP Tribunal on Wednesday :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    teezee said:
    Hi everybody
    I've got my PIP Tribunal hearing via video on Wednesday (8/3/23). I've no idea what to expect and I'm finding my anxiety levels are already crazily high.
    Has anyone experiences a video Tribunal and, if so, can you let me know what it was like please? 🙏

Thanks in advance x
    I feel your pain.
    During the lockdown all of my council meetings etc were conducted on Zoom. 
    Best advice to give you is just be yourself, you're not on the tele and it's certainly not Saturday Take a Way!!
    Personally after 15 months or so of up to 8 a month of these Zoom meetings I hated the things. 
  • teezee
    Options
    Hello @teezee

How are you today? Just wanted to wish you luck for your PIP Tribunal on Wednesday :) 
    Sorry, I've only just realised i had replies 🙈 Thank you so much for getting back to me. 
    I was a mess this morning. The video call lasted 1hr 15 mins. I felt absolutely drained afterwards.
    Apparently they'll type their response today and send it out first class, so I won't know what they decided until tomorrow or Friday. Guess I'll just have to wait and see xx
  • teezee
    Options
    teezee said:
    Hi everybody

Thanks in advance x
    I feel your pain.
    During the lockdown all of my council meetings etc were conducted on Zoom. 
    Best advice to give you is just be yourself, you're not on the tele and it's certainly not Saturday Take a Way!!
    Personally after 15 months or so of up to 8 a month of these Zoom meetings I hated the things. 
    I totally understand why you hated them. One was enough for me 😆
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @teezee Keeping everything crossed for you! I hope you've rested up after it <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Em1
    Em1 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Hello, I applied for PIP back in May 2022. 
    I was awarded 8 points in each living & mobility. But because they said my condition will not last longer than 9 months I wouldn’t receive pip. My condition is still the same if not worse. I appealed to tribunal in October 2022 and I am awaiting a date for my tribunal still. I was just wondering if anyone has any information or help to what I should expect and do you think my outcome could be. Thank you.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No one can predict what the outcome will be because we don't know anything about how your conditions affect you, which is what PIP is all about.

Do be aware though that they will only take into consideration what your health conditions were like at the time the assessment took place, so any worsening of condition will not be taken into consideration.

Are you either appearing in person or having a telephone/video hearing? Either of those will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. If you are then on the day of the hearing they will expect you to answer the questions yourself. You will need to tell them how your conditions affect you. It's impossible to tell you what questions they will ask because again we don't know anything about your conditions.

You do need to make sure that all evidence is sent to arrive with HMCTS a couple of weeks before the hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Em1
    Em1 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Options
    Thank you for your help. 
    I haven’t received the date yet for my tribunal still awaiting that. I am opted for it to be face to face or video call. 

I was just wondering if anyone else had a decision like mine where the points were there but the time frame wasn’t met so they decided against it. 

I have sent all my evidence needed and still waiting for my tribunal date. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.