Decision overturned at tribunal but DWP asking for SOR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision overturned at tribunal but DWP asking for SOR

clark30
clark30 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip  and was awarded the standard rate went to a tribunal and the decision was overturned now the dwp have asked for a statement of reasons how long will I have to wait for this decision it is causing me more stress and my panic attacks are more frequent what is the point of attending a teibunal if I am having so much more trouble 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome clark

DWP are now requesting SOR more often so you are not alone. They can only appeal the decision on an error of law which does not happen often.
    Normally an SOR is issue 4-8 weeks but the judge does not have a time limit to adhere to.
    You can ring the clerk for an update

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • clark30
    Thank u but wouldn’t know what clerk to ring and it was only yesterday I phoned the pip to tell me what was going on
  • CockneyRebel
    You should ring the tribunal clerk, but give it about 4 weeks before chasing the judge

CR
  • clark30
    Ok thank u let’s hope this gets sorted
  • clark30
    What is the point and a waste of money feel like giving up now
  • CockneyRebel
    You can just wait it out
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I had to ask for a SOR which I was told should take 4-6 weeks. This was a little while ago though. In fact the judge had messed up badly and therefore delayed it more than 3 months. Being that bad is very unusual and SOR's don't often overturned decisions especially when in the claimants favour.

Maybe you could claim for another benefit for hardship reasons in the meantime? If so the money will get sorted eventually and backdated to the date of the decision. Unfortunately other benefits don't get backdated so do chase it when you can.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • clark30
    I can’t apply for an hardships and now all I have to do is wait
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
     I have just been successful at my tribunal, and was staggered to see that the dwp can appeal against this decision, it is unbelievable the cost the government incurrs to cut claimants benefits, there is the initial cost of assessment, arranging them then paying atos to carry them out, the cost of reconsiderations, although mine was simply a copy of my first letter so that wouldnt have cost much, then the cost of a tribunal hearing, there were 3 people on my panel plus a court clerk non of this will come cheap I am sure, having won my tribunal I intended sending a gloating letter to the PIP, but I dont think I will bother now just in case

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.