Housing info and support needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing info and support needed

Options
solitaire
solitaire Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have disabilities and in need of some help. I have to move from a interest only property, my ex had caused me bodily harm and been left toAy half the mortgage. We had some help from benefits, but now he's demanded to get it sold. I'm entitled to half equity. My problem is I'm moving back to Plymouth, to be near to family, my hometown. But I have my 12 cats and dog, my partner and 2 boys. I want to try get shared ownership, and put my equity down as deposit. But I cannot do this til house is sold and I got that deposit. I can't go homeless , how do I get around this situation. I'm under hospital for many health issues heart diabetes kidney liver probs, and in electric wheelchair. I'm close to a breakdown. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @solitaire
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.  If you would like to speak to someone, you can try calling the scope helpline on 0808 800 333

@Debbie_Scope do you have any ideas that could help?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @solitaire,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to see you're having such a stressful time at the moment.

Have you sought legal advice about this?

Has the court ordered that the property is sold?

I'd like to learn more so that I can work out what options might be available.

In terms of finding finance to help with the sale and the purchase you're probably going to need some financial advice, especially if you're going to need a mortgage to help with the purchase of a shared ownership property. Unbiased is a good place to find an independent adviser.

Happy to talk further about this.

Best wishes
    Debbie

Brightness