I would like some help going from dla to pips-first interview-please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I would like some help going from dla to pips-first interview-please

rhinos
rhinos Community member Posts: 63 Connected
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
few  questions guys

1. got my interview date before my GP has been written to-is this  normal?
2. can i request to see what my GP wrote?
3 interview room is 35 metres away-I cant do 20 metres
4. I am asking to record the interviewer-where do i get a double recorded Dictaphone?

5. my partner has asked for mandatory consideration of his PIPS outcome- but we hear nowt-who do we ring- what number-request went in about 3 weeks ago.

am  i allowed to put my email contact here?

thanks

blueboy

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

I will try and answer as best I can

1. It is unusual for your GP to be contacted as much importance is placed on the assessment not on your condition
    3. Do you normally walk with aids or wheelchair ? You can rest as often as you need to to cover the 35 metres
    4. you can use two cassette recorders you do not need a duel machine, as long as both recordings are made simultaniously 
    5. You can ring the DWP that is dealing with his claim the number will be on the letter. There is no time limit for MR decision

email contact is not advised

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will try and help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Hi@rhinos

A very big welcome, I hope that you are having a good day ?????

I have attaced some info below for you in regards to ESA reconsideration.

Please let me know if you would like your questions sorted out one by one.

I'm very happy to do this for you just please let me know and will do it straightaway ??????

• rhinos
    hi there  CR

page 4 of advice- understanding your pips

point 2

what we promise to do

"we will look at all the information you- your gp and any others.."

this does seem to imply they get your GP's info?............
  • rhinos
    steve  51

the  www address does not work alas
  • CockneyRebel
    rhinos said:
    hi there  CR

page 4 of advice- understanding your pips

point 2

what we promise to do

"we will look at all the information you- your gp and any others.."

this does seem to imply they get your GP's info?............
    That is what it implys but it rarely happens. The form they send to your GP is not very helpful to your case and many GP's don't respond anyway

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    @rhinos
    You can't use a dictaphone to record the assessment. It has to be dual cassette or CD.
    Don't rely on them contacting your GP because mostly they never do. You need to make sure you provide your own evidence. Even if it states anywhere that they do contact people, they don't. If they contacted people for evidence then the backlogs would be even longer than they are now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    @rhinos
    You can't use a dictaphone to record the assessment. It has to be dual cassette or CD.
    Don't rely on them contacting your GP because mostly they never do. You need to make sure you provide your own evidence. Even if it states anywhere that they do contact people, they don't. If they contacted people for evidence then the backlogs would be even longer than they are now.
    This is incorrect, it is acceptable to use two cassettte recorders
  • tfr12345
    tfr12345 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    take someone in with you and get them to take notes they are also allowed to ask questions if your not sure if the person interviewing you is qualified you can ask what quals they have to assess your disability you often find they now absouloutly nothing they just ask questions on the screen but they will make a recomendation based on there vast experiance above all be as honest as you can and explain everything in detail thats wrong with you i have had 4 so far only won 1 on my illnesses the other 3 by tribunal because the assesor lied through there teeth
  • rhinos
    thanks--  their promise on page four-is real misinformation-it makes you feel that they do seek out GP information--had the press picked this up yet?

I wonder if you can ask a question such as  "  i score myself as 6 on that aspect-what score did you give me"  if theres is way out ask why?
  • rhinos
    tfr12345-did you get thro it all in the end
  • tfr12345
    yes but they still send me for facetoface every time despite them nowing what i have wrong with me 
  • tfr12345
    rhinos said:
    tfr12345-did you get thro it all in the end
    yes i did but i still get facetoface medicals even though they now whats wrong with me they just like to stress people out
  • tfr12345
    if you dont get the points you think you should ask for a copy of the assesers report on you its surprising what they write and these are people who have little or no medical background 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes get a copy of the report.  My assessor decided that because she watched me walk 16 meters on a flat carpeted surface then that must mean I can walk 20 to 50 meters outdoors using pavements and kerbs.  And she stated she watched me take my bag off over my head put it down on the floor and pick it up again later. Not once did I remove my bag from my body not even during the exercises.
  • rhinos
    do you have to get up and walk for them?
  • rhinos
    did you appeal and win?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @rhinos

The assessor observed me informally walking from waiting area to interview room.  They are supposed to take you outside to observe you walk using pavements and kerbs, but I understand that it is rare for assessors to do this.

I appealed and won.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    This whole thing is a nightmare I am not looking forward to. My last DLA application was done at home by a DWP employee is this not possible now? I remember the place I had a medical assessment it was completely unsuitable for disabled people. I even had to collapse my wheelchair to get it through one short corridor before opening it again and I certainly will not do anything like that again.
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • CockneyRebel
    TK
    When your time comes you will need a letter from your GP to get a home visit

from the Gov guide

When considering a request for a home consultation, providers
    should consider:
    Does the claimant have a medical condition that precludes them
    from travelling?
    Has there been medical verification of the severity of the
    condition that precludes them from attending a consultation?
    Are there health and safety implications for a home consultation?
    For example, the claimant or a person associated with them has
    had unacceptabl
    e claimant behaviour identified
    Any accessib
    ility issues related to the planned location of
    consultations

The request for a home consultation may come from a GP or other
    healthcare professional involved in the claimant’s care. When
    assessing such requests, providers should consider issues such as:
    Whether the request is based on medical fact rather than opinion
    e.g. “My patient has severe agoraphobia and cannot leave the
    house” rather than “I feel my patient would benefit from an
    assessment at home” or “My patient tells me they are unable to
    travel
    to an assessment centre

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.