Llanelli area advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Llanelli area advice please

kazzy1
kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hi I've just moved from Devon to South Wales and am struggling to find out how to access the various health care departments. Everything seems to be so slow and a total struggle. Simple things like wheelchair services to fix a puncture to getting referral to podiatrist. Getting so frustrated as GP isn't much use. Thanks for any help you can give x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@kazzy1

A very very warm welcome to you to our website and online community.

I'm so sorry to here of your ongoing problems.

I will be very happy in helping you in some way if possible ??????

Many many thanks.

• kazzy1
    Hiya, Do you know anything about the Welsh referral system lol. No one seems to want to refer you to anyone, seem to be constantly being told that any reasonable service is out of area?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@kazzy1

I used to work in an NHS Rehab Center for over 10yrs in a Medical Records Office dealing with "new referrals"

I can hopefully brush up on this as it has been a few years since I took early retirement.

I would be very happy in looking into for you if you would like ????

Many many thanks !!!!!!!
  • kazzy1
    Well if you are a wise and clever one, a map of the catchment/referral areas for South Wales hospitals would be a dream! Lol. I'm quite savvy with finding stuff but this is eluding me.
    Ta
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kazzy1
    I found this Llanneli disabled access group that has a lot of contact details that might help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness