PIP assessment on Friday — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment on Friday

shazzybop
shazzybop Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Got my pip interview on Friday. I'm so nervous it's making me feel ill

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2017
    Hi@shazzybop

A very big welcome to you it's great to meet you.

Please let me know if l can help/support you with your pip interview !!!!!!!!

I have attatched some info below for you please let me know if the link below won't open ??????????

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @Shazzybop,

Welcome to the community.

Do you have a friend or family member going to support you?

You're not alone in feeling worried - but there are a few things you can do to be prepared which might help your nerves - there's some great advice from Citizen's Advice:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-pip-claim/your-assessment/ 

You should be prepared to talk about how your condition affects you even if you’ve already detailed it on your PIP claim form. It can be hard to do this but it will really help if you can talk about:

• the kind of things you have difficulty with, or can’t do at all - for example, walking up steps without help or remembering to go to appointments
    • how your condition affects you from day to day
    • what a bad day is like for you - for example, ‘On a bad day, I can’t walk at all because my injured leg hurts so much’ or ‘On a bad day, I’m so depressed I can’t concentrate on anything’

It’s a good idea to take a copy of your PIP claim form with you. That way you can refer to it in the assessment and make sure you tell the assessor everything you want them to know about your condition.

Lots of people on the community have been through the process and can hopefully help you with some tips.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello shazzybop and welcome

Many people feel nervous of having an assessment but there really is no need.
    This is your opportuniy to get the help you deserve..
    When you go for your assessment you will have the advantage of taking with you the worlds leading expert on your condition. This is your chance to teach the assessor about your life and the help you need. Just for the day you need to put aside any coping mechanisms you have, the assessor needs to see you as you really are, warts and all. Don't make any special effort on the day, you are not going on a date, just be yourself.
    Oh and the expert that you are taking is you, no one knows how your life is affected better than you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wiggp01
    wiggp01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    HI nice to meet u just be honest be your self u will be ok i know theys a few horror storys going round i must be a lucky one because the 2 times ive been seen were stressful but fair so good luck for Friday  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.