How to provide information about walking distance and seating time. Re: ESA. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to provide information about walking distance and seating time. Re: ESA.

Amandawilliams62
Amandawilliams62 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I am appealing my score of 0 points , having RA. Dwp have requested no letters from gp or consultant. But I have. How do they prove now far I can walk . And length of time sitting

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Amanda - to help you further we would need some more information. If you could tell us some more about what your GP or consultant letters say about the walking and sitting activities, that would help. Did you send in these letters before your assessment, or are you sending them in now? Have you got an appeal in motion?
    Please get back to us with some more detail so that we can advise you further. There is also some excellent information on the Benefits and Work website about ESA points and appeals etc: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk.
    The Scope helpline may also be able to help you locate a local advice agency which may be able to support you with your appeal: 0808 800 3333.
    All the best,

Jayne

The Benefits Training Co:

• Amandawilliams62
    Hi. Thank you so much for replying. The health professional never asked me about walking distance and sitting. These are where I think I acummalate my 15 points.I joined the work and benefit , but get a bit bogged down with all the information. The Dwp have not asked my g p ,or consultant because there's no copies of this in my bundle of papers which have been sent ready for the appeal.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Amanda and welcome

It is not unusual for the DWP not to contact your GP or consultant. It will be useful if you could get a letter detailing specifically the problems you have

ie. cannot stand and then walk 20 metres safely, repeatedly and to an acceptable standard

You can send any additional evidence to the tribunal up to a week before the hearing.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Amandawilliams62
    Thank you. I struggle to understand how the Dwp make decisions on them not getting medical evidence. I have medical letters stating I have rheumatoid arthritis. And the impact that has on my life. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We all struggle to understand how they come to some of the decisions that they do. It is not so much about your medical condition but about your ability to carry out simple tasks.
    If possible you need a letter specifically stating what you can and can't do. This is difficult as GP's don't see you all the time and unless you have discusssed your limitations with your GP, they will not have the specific knowledge.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Amandawilliams62
    Thanks. My Rhumatologist doesn't even ask those questions . God I've got my work cut out for myself at the appeal

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.