PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is reality!

realityreality Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi .trying to sort out my daughters  pip claim asked for home assement .They have refused even tho dwp have said they should provide this .we have a home visit with dwp as we meet critera with them but not pip swindon centre .my daughter is under the mental health team and is not in a good place self harm does not want to liv anymore its very hard .going out side sets her self harm off and goes right down from that piont I can not understand theses people at all have just got off the phone to them rude  and read from text by sound of it .might just give up.regards michael..

Replies

• AlexAlex Scope Posts: 1,324 Pioneering
    Hi Michael,

Welcome to the community, and sorry to hear your having such a tough time.

What reason did they give for not doing a home assessment? How have things been left with them?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,193 Disability Gamechanger
    You would most likely need a letter from your daughters GP stating the reasons why a home assessment is needed.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.