PIP DM's and Asseors report. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP DM's and Asseors report.

Nasmamu
Nasmamu Community member Posts: 45 Connected
Hi guys 
I have a question which has arisen due to seeing another post on this forum which is making me nervous. I had my pip assessment on 19th Sept asked for a copy of the report a few days after and recieved report a few days ago. You may see this in my previous post. Based on assessment recomendations it says they would award 13 points daily living and 12 points for Mobility so high on both. After reading many a post on numerous different forums ive always been under the impression that DM's normally side with the assessors and their reports so was hopeful of a correct award. But have seen a few posts recently where people say the assessors have scored them high at assessment but DM's gave then reduced the number of points or taken them away altogether. Im still awaiting the final decision and this information has now got me in a panic. How likely is it that the recommendations will be ignored? Is there any data on how often this happens?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is most unlikely that the DM will go against the recomendation of the HCP without very good reason or a technical muck up

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree with CockneyRebel, It's VERY rare for the DM to go against that report. Hopefully for you the decision won't be too much longer. In the meantime try and relax and yes i know how hard that is but there's nothing you can do until that decision's been made. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nasmamu
    Thanks for the repy @CockneyRebel. I hope so!
  • Nasmamu
    Thank you @poppy123456 thats very reassuring 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    NasmamuNasmamu.

Hello again. I'd be so surprised if the DM didn't go with the assessor on this one. If you think about it, what else have they got to go on? They've got the assessor's report, your PIP2, any evidence you sent in - and that's it. So everything they've got to go on should point to the higher award. 

If it did go differently then you would have a really strong case for a mandatory reconsideration request as I don't see how the DM would be able to justify their decision.

Keep us posted.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Nasmamu
    Thanks again @Will. i will do.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.