Pip assessment next week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment next week

Options
Ger
Ger Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Ive got my annual pip assessment next Friday. There is no-one available to come with me and I need to get from Barnton Cheshire to Chester. I suffer from cPTSD and other illnesses and never go anywhere local (only) without my two dogs. Im already having panic attacks about the bus and train journey getting there. My health has become worse in the last year. Any advice at all as friends don't seem to understand my anxiety about the journey, never mind the actual assessment. 

Comments

• loopyt
    loopyt Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Ger, 
    How awful for you. Have you asked them if you can have a home assessment? I know it's  only a week away but may be worth you calling them to say how it is affecting you and that you cannot cope.
    Hope you get someone that shows kindness. If not do email your MP and explain as they may be able to help.
    Good luck
  • Ger
    Ger Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I didnt realise they could do a home assessment. I live on a narrowboat 3 yrs now and finding it so physical. Cant drive boat to services with anxiety so a couple very kindly give me their garden hose to fill with water. Its just knocked me back having to get to Chester as I can just about deal with getting to local shop. My dogs keep me sane and come everywhere i need to go. Thank you loopyt - I ll ring them tomorrow and see x
  • jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello Ger,I too was very worried about getting to the assessment as I had no-one to help me,and I had only 1 and 1/2 miles to go there,could a taxi pick you up at where your boat is moored. You can ask for a form to reimburse taxi fare when you give your details at the desk/receptionist when you get there,or is there another assessment  place that is much closer to where you live,by ringing them up ,they may give you an alternative place to attend,I did this, as the first place I was offered was 25 miles away and told them how distressing this would be for me to travel so far in a taxi due to sitting for such a long time.On getting out of the taxi ,also to remember to ask taxi driver for a receipt one there and back ,so you have proof of expense incurred.
    Do hope this may help, in some small way to elevate your worry.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.