beereavement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

beereavement

middleone1
middleone1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi i have copd, and my husband died 6 weeks ago i feel lost and even though i have my grown up sons i still feel alone now

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello middleone and welcome

I am so sorry for your loss, I am sure that your sons are a comfort but nothing and no one can replace a partner.
    Day by day it will become a little easier and as a member here you are not alone. Come here anytime, even if it is just for a chat

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • middleone1
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @middleone1

A very very "Big Welcome" to you.

I'm very sorry for you, please please iet me know if there is anything that I can help you with ????

Many thanks.
  • middleone1
    Thanks very much for your welcome 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @middleone1 I am so sorry for your loss. Cruse is a bereavement charity that offers lots of support to people dealing with grief, it might be worth you having a look?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • middleone1
    Yes I have been looking because I had a panic attack for the first time yesterday I think it was because I was out on my own and I am used to my husband being with me we cared for each other. We both had copd
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    It must be such a tough time for you @middleone1 and it is such early days, but it is a positive step that you are reaching out and looking for support.

Have you spoken to your children about how you are feeling?

In my experience, often people are scared to talk to someone who is grieving because they are worried about saying the wrong thing.  Do you have any friends or family members you can talk to?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • middleone1
    Yes I have a good family so I am lucky and it is really helpful talking to people like you. I have read some of the reports on ESA I have had to put in a claim my self but I haven't had an assessment date yet I used to be on my husband s claim but I have had to claim myself now the forms are a nightmare.

Brightness